One prespray for everything? Is it possible?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The company I own was a franchise they had magna dry cleaner chem one and we had to use that stuff on absolutely everything and it worked on most everything.
Now thank goodness I'm not married to that bonnet cleaning gimmick nightmare headaches wake up in cold sweat cuz you can't get nothing clean world!!! but simply put yes you can find a good pre spray and use it on just about any carpet I really like Rob's secret formula but I've tried several over the years magic wands trashed works great and it's safe to use just about anywhere.

Reactions: wandwizard

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
It's TLC, or cleaning solution. Plain and simple. Yes, "Pre" means Before. So you're SPRAYING, or applying. No need for PRE as it makes no grammatical sense. Just like PRE vacuum. NO. You just simply vacuum. Do you drink a PRE beer? LOL. You know I'm just having fun with ya pal.

As for why Hardball dont answer the phone....Mike passed away I believe. Not sure they're in business anymore. Mike would be near 90. years old now.
The website is still up and appears to be active. Well, now I know why he didn't answer the phone. For that website to be running someone somewhere is paying for it to be there. They don't host them for free that I am aware of so the company must be getting run by someone. It appears all their products are still being sold.

Btw, from now on I'll be telling my customers, " I'm gonna spray sum a dis stuff down before I cleen yer carpits!" Thanks for correcting my grammar!

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Prochem Ultra Pac LVC
I used to use Grand Slam unscented for a number of years and boost it when needed and sometimes it definitely DID NEED IT, particularly on polyesters. It did very well on nylon and most olefins w/o boosting most of the time. On some polys it failed miserably w/o boosting and pretty aggressive agitation followed by my old RX-20! Honestly I could clean just about any synthetic carpet with it with the occasional boost of citrus. Grand Slam is basically a knock-off of the Prochem Ultra Pac. They are very similar, but not exactly the same. I tried the Ultra Pac to see if it was any better and it definitely is not. If anything the Grand Slam did work better for me. It was my go-to TLC for years. The health rating on Grand Slam is now a 3 (almost sure it used to be a 1 so it may have changed) and on Ultra Pac it is a 2. Both contain a number of chems that quite frankly I have zero idea what they are. If you want to take a look here ya go.
https://https://shop.truckmountforums.com/pub/media/pdf/msds_docs/MS-PC-UPTLCL.pdf
https://https://shop.truckmountforums.com/pub/media/pdf/msds_docs/MS-MX-GSSCFF.pdf

Last edited:

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
The answer is yes IMO, but dilution ratio matters. Can you do it on your own super simple, yes. Will you be uncomfortable trying it out, yes. Will you be blown away at the results, yes. If you ever go down that path I will help you.

I may take you up on this. My goal is to reduce my pre-sprays, I mean TLC's, down to 2. One TLC would be even better if it's also safe enough for natural fibers. Do you believe the stuff you're using is pretty safe? Is it fairly easy to mix up?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I may take you up on this. My goal is to reduce my pre-sprays, I mean TLC's, down to 2. One TLC would be even better if it's also safe enough for natural fibers. Do you believe the stuff you're using is pretty safe? Is it fairly easy to mix up?

Yes it's safe and easy to do. I keep it in 4 rtu parts and adjust ratios for the job at hand.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Firestorm for everything , tile too .
Yes it can be done with great success .
I just don't think it's necessary to go nuclear on every job and a product like Firestorm definitely qualifies for nuclear in my book with a ph of 13. I don't think there are too many TLC's on the market above 12 which is already pretty high. I fully understand why some guys would buy it. I don't think it's a good practice to use it on all residential which is my bread and butter. I'd also hate to go in willy nilly and apply to a carpet that's still under warranty and maybe get into a dispute over what I used on the carpet. If I used that stuff I'd be using it on commercial, trashed rentals, or residential that it's pretty obvious you're trying to keep it out of the scrap yard. The video here is interesting, but really this kind of stuff doesn't impress me even though I am a fan of some of CTI's stuff. Put this same stuff up against at least a dozen leading presprays, oops I used that word again:), and see what happens. Then I might be impressed. Do you really need a ph of 13 to be effective on those jobs? My answer is no you absolutely do not. Btw, I'd be scared literally to death to use that product around kids, pets, elderly, or people in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe cool
Aug 28, 2018
Real Name
Bruce wayne
Bridgepoint cleanfree I think would work on all situations for carpet and upholstery...
Rinse
Or
Prespray

You have to have groutmaster on your van for tile (is there anything else anyway?)

If it’s bad spike cleanfree with gm

I think this is solid

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
dont think you can have only 1 prespray.....

but it is possible to have 2......TMF
basically thats what i have:

1. ROBS SECRET FORMULA - for homes, upholstery, and berber
sometimes i use it on...wool...but usually use wool cleaner...
2. TILE & GROUT cleaner
for tile, rentals, and resturants......

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
The website is still up and appears to be active. Well, now I know why he didn't answer the phone. For that website to be running someone somewhere is paying for it to be there. They don't host them for free that I am aware of so the company must be getting run by someone. It appears all their products are still being sold.

Btw, from now on I'll be telling my customers, " I'm gonna spray sum a dis stuff down before I cleen yer carpits!" Thanks for correcting my grammar!
Maybe his business partner who was his chemist is running it now??? I have no idea.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
dont think you can have only 1 prespray.....

but it is possible to have 2......TMF
basically thats what i have:

1. ROBS SECRET FORMULA - for homes, upholstery, and berber
sometimes i use it on...wool...but usually use wool cleaner...
2. TILE & GROUT cleaner
for tile, rentals, and resturants......
I've tried Robs stuff and it is good.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I just don't think it's necessary to go nuclear on every job and a product like Firestorm definitely qualifies for nuclear in my book with a ph of 13. I don't think there are too many TLC's on the market above 12 which is already pretty high. I fully understand why some guys would buy it. I don't think it's a good practice to use it on all residential which is my bread and butter. I'd also hate to go in willy nilly and apply to a carpet that's still under warranty and maybe get into a dispute over what I used on the carpet. If I used that stuff I'd be using it on commercial, trashed rentals, or residential that it's pretty obvious you're trying to keep it out of the scrap yard. The video here is interesting, but really this kind of stuff doesn't impress me even though I am a fan of some of CTI's stuff. Put this same stuff up against at least a dozen leading presprays, oops I used that word again:), and see what happens. Then I might be impressed. Do you really need a ph of 13 to be effective on those jobs? My answer is no you absolutely do not. Btw, I'd be scared literally to death to use that product around kids, pets, elderly, or people in general.

If your question is if there is one you can use as it comes straight from one single product the answer is no............I have one concoction I whip up that all I really have to do is increase the dilution and I seen it knock out a crackhouse to a grease pit but it's still derived from three different products. It is still factory a protector safe 9.5ph but can be used on some but not all natties. A different product I like alot is BonnetPro's Rocket as it allows me to bonnet clean parts of a job but I don't know that it will handle the worst of the worst. Love it on upholstery. I try to stay away from shitholes regardless.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
For about 4 months I've use Cobbs Powemax only. I didn't have significant problems with an outcome. Very easy on pocket and breathing ... So , my answer is yes, you can get by with only one product... Don't believe it? Ask someone from Blue crew or SS...

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
The company I own was a franchise they had magna dry cleaner chem one and we had to use that stuff on absolutely everything and it worked on most everything.
Now thank goodness I'm not married to that bonnet cleaning gimmick nightmare headaches wake up in cold sweat cuz you can't get nothing clean world!!! but simply put yes you can find a good pre spray and use it on just about any carpet I really like Rob's secret formula but I've tried several over the years magic wands trashed works great and it's safe to use just about anywhere.
Is what your talking about their Trashed Green Label product?

Reactions: Ymetimme

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
CTI firestorm used at full dilution ratio is high pH wise, but can be backed off and still clean nylon at under a pH of 10. It is crazy good on tile though.
When I don't like scent, I don't like the product( usually). Firestorm is the bright example of it. Too heavy.... In general, I like Pro's Choice, but I preferred Fire water
( liquid - just about 10Ph) to boost the boost when dealing with a soil filtration .
Oh, wait, is this thread about one product?
Dang...

pmathot

Jun 7, 2011
Penrith, Lower Blue Mountains - Sydney, Australia
www.mightyclean.com.au
Real Name
Phil Mathot
Business Location
Australia
I’m going to buck the trend here and say no.

There was a recent article in I think clean fax, which discussed the issue of “charge” (cationic, anionic etc) on fibre, resoiling issues as a result of using detergents that weren’t compatible with the charge required to clean a particular fibre, etc.

IMO it’s nonsense to expect one detergent to clean every yarn type out there. The science doesn’t support it at all, nor does my experience.

Apart from charge pH and buffering of pH also have an impact. Wool and polyester are cleaned at a very different pH, which is why if you’ve ever stumbled across a wool polyester blend you’ll understand why it’s such a tragic coupling.

And all the above is related just to fibre. Soiling is wildly varied depending on how and where the carpet is used. Some prespray take a broad spectrum approach attempting to clean a wide variety of soils, some are very specific.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I’m going to buck the trend here and say no.

There was a recent article in I think clean fax, which discussed the issue of “charge” (cationic, anionic etc) on fibre, resoiling issues as a result of using detergents that weren’t compatible with the charge required to clean a particular fibre, etc.

IMO it’s nonsense to expect one detergent to clean every yarn type out there. The science doesn’t support it at all, nor does my experience.

Apart from charge pH and buffering of pH also have an impact. Wool and polyester are cleaned at a very different pH, which is why if you’ve ever stumbled across a wool polyester blend you’ll understand why it’s such a tragic coupling.

And all the above is related just to fibre. Soiling is wildly varied depending on how and where the carpet is used. Some prespray take a broad spectrum approach attempting to clean a wide variety of soils, some are very specific.
You don't have to be so serious about topic. I believe that title of the thread didn't imply exact science approach. No one here would like to attack wall to wall wool carpeting with 14 Ph product. We carry Haitian cotton, fine fabric shampoo, sponges, horse hair brushes and crapload of other thing for a reason. Why do you think that our chemical racks are holding up to 24 jugs and there are 10 more stashed on the van, not counting specialties, such power gel, protein spotter, red 1, stain 1, rust remover, naphta - all stain remover, color concealer, pog and lot more. It was more rhetorical question, just like this one: Can you stay alive by drinking only one kind of beer? I know, I can. But I like more than one. I tasted Presidente ,Stella, Urquel, Golden Pheasant, Wursteiner and at least 30 more, each beer touches my palate in different ways and gives me a different buzz. Just to make clear, I'm not an alcoholic, but I like change once in a while...

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
When I don't like scent, I don't like the product( usually). Firestorm is the bright example of it. Too heavy.... In general, I like Pro's Choice, but I preferred Fire water
( liquid - just about 10Ph) to boost the boost when dealing with a soil filtration .
Oh, wait, is this thread about one product?
Dang...
I mentioned I'm ok with the occasional booster. Been doing that for years. I can think of a lot of times where some citrus, in particular, has been the difference between success and failure or at the very least made my job a LOT easier! It would be nice not to even have to do that. I rarely boost anymore. There has to be a real need for it or it doesn't go in there.