One of those guys...

ChemDryTechsan

May 12, 2017
Real Name
David Holland
I'm a technician for a ChemDry franchise in Texas. We've been going for about 9 months and I feel I've learned a ton about carpet cleaning and talking to customers. We're set up for tile and grout cleaning and granite polishing but we don't get calls about those. The few times I've done tile jobs they come out so-so. The granite equipment is untouched on the shelves.

I'm very impressed by the youtube and facebook vids I'm seeing and I'm guessing the chemicals and machines are more aggressive than I get to use with CD. We do get randomly "shopped" by corporate so we can't use other company's chemicals.

Ask me anything! I'll return the favor. Thanks for the forum.

BadgerCleanCD

Oct 24, 2016
Real Name
Marcus Greiber
I work for CD also, you're not getting great results with tg12? I haven't done much tile but when I do the results have been very good. What ratio are u mixing it at, 4 cups a gollon? That shud kick grouts butt. I also use a crb to agitate with tile grade brushes. No thanks on brushing all those grout lines with a brush

La Flama Blanca

May 16, 2013
Real Name
Darin
Just dump out your stuff and fill your bottle with 2790. Boom you'll never scrub another line again.

Reactions: Luky

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
2790 is good stuff but it adds more time than scrubbing because you really should be taping off everything.. 1 splash on a stainless appliance and your on your way to home Depot to buy a new one. Same with anything wood or baseboards.

We used it for a long time but switched because risk was just too high and taping everything off is too time consuming.

AZStoneguy

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Brady Wright
2790 is good stuff but it adds more time than scrubbing because you really should be taping off everything.. 1 splash on a stainless appliance and your on your way to home Depot to buy a new one. Same with anything wood or baseboards.

We used it for a long time but switched because risk was just too high and taping everything off is too time consuming.
It takes 30 seconds to mask stainless, I've never had an issue with baseboards or cabinets. Just need to be careful, but you should be careful with any prespray you're using.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
2790 is nasty stuff and labeled as an "outside" concrete cleaner. The dilution rate is poor and it harms not only you (label warns you to not breathe the stuff and use full PPE), your clients, stainless, transitions and opens you up to serious liability. Instead use Groutmaster. Much cheaper to use with superior dilution ratios, cheap to ship as it's a powder, won't harm stainless, cabinets, transitions, no PPE needed and out cleans most everything. It has never let us down. It also rarely needs scrubbing. Here is a little video we shot;

Reactions: SRD

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
And one more;

Reactions: SRD

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: ChemDryTechsan

ChemDryTechsan

May 12, 2017
Real Name
David Holland
Now here are my questions to you. What systems do y'all have in place for processes and marketing? How many jobs do y'all run a day? 1-2 man crews?

And here is a link to be able to buy with reviews for Groutmaster;

https://shop.truckmountforums.com/collections/chemicals/products/groutmaster-free-shipping-for-1st-time-buyers
It really seems we're on our own for marketing. We're currently running Google and Facebook ads, placing doorhangers in nicer neighborhoods, doing 5-arounds, soliciting reviews and referrals with coupon cards, selling and demos for commercial locations. Corporate is supposed to be helping with CD-exclusive commercial accounts but that has been slow in developing.

Typical days are 3 jobs. Best was 6. Hoping to get more after hours commercial work.

We ran with 2 guys for 2 months. Tech and sales with me as tech and a real go-getter doing the talking. Sales guy did well with in-home upsells but the real benefit was he could door knock while I cleaned. He'd sell 2 jobs while I did one. He was recruited to a bigger and better sales job and I'm solo again. With intelligent and receptive clients I can upsell easily but I get nervous and defensive when cheap clients want me to just stick with the cheap specials we run.

If someone can point me to a thread where dropping low-paying customers makes a big jump in revenue, I'd love to show that to the owners.

A lot of the business processes are CD branded schedulers, answering service for after hours calls, CD owner forum, sales coaches, tech support. All the chemicals are CD branded and we get popped if we use outside brands. CD is like a tight sweater. Some days it's warm and nice to know you're with a strong national brand. Other days it's constricting and it's depressing looking over the fence to see how well you guys do out in the free market.

Hope that helps. Keep the questions coming.