Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
1. RX20 - No, it's not perfect and yes, it is a dated design for residential carpet but it remains the most reliable of all rotary extractors (T Rex is close, the rest blow) and remains the best on CGD (T Rex is about equal).

2. ProChem Upholstery tool - Throw on a glide and it is one of the very best upholstery tools and is by far, the best built and most reliable.

3. PMF Upholstery Tool - I took this one out over the weekend and it was a wake up call, after not using it for years. No, it is not as well built as the Prochem but it can reach areas, crevices and things that other upholstery tools cannot. One of the best in terms of effectiveness. I loved it! This tool is also much less expensive than the modern tools and works better in several ways.

4. Turbo Hybrid Tile Spinner - Still the best. There have been many competitors but none are built with the same quality; not even close.

5. Hydramaster Hydrahoe Wand - One jet design is good for beginning pros. Just hook it up and clean carpet with no streaking, finicky jet placement and other quirks. It is also very well built, with exceptional reliability. The Hydrahoe has a top quality valve as well.

6. Kirby vacuums - Great performance and reliability.

7. Certified Pile Brush Vac - Those who say it doesn't vacuum well, don't know how to use it, period. This thing says "old school beast" like nothing else and makes other vacuums look and feel like weaklings. The performance is unrivaled in my opinion.

8. Cimex - What a monster and it could only come from the old school, when lower back health was nary a consideration. .

9. Fels Bar - Better than any spotter in our industry. If you have not used it, you need to and it's cheap! It has been around forever and I am thankful that one of you hapless misfits found out about it, told another alcoholic reject, who told another struggling grunt, until the word got to me. Great stuff.

10. Chemeister's Grease Eraser - Consistent performance is what I like about this product and it has been around for a long time. It was originally an enzyme based product.

11. Bridgepoint All Solv - No new formulas here but the best on many bad spots (paint, nail polish etc). It is a must have product for all of my spotter kits.

This is my personal list but there are other pieces of equipment and cleaning products that would fit in this category. I simply never used them.

Last edited:

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
CRB's may have been around for a while but they seem to be the newest fad to me. I have heard mixed things about their reliability, particularly in regards to bearings.

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1422946455.848333.jpg

Old shark tooth gum getter. Use it every day

bojangles

May 21, 2012
payson, az
Real Name
brian m
great list!

i like the old PC quadjet for the cleanest, driest carpets in town, and severe tendonitis and lower back pain. don't forget to throw on a green glide or they'll be carrying you to the chiropractor.

tanks are built like the quadjet.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Great Camacho can try all he wants to hide the mexican in him but it comes out in droves, all the same. How many "tips" have you shaken down from your customers with that tool, Great Camacho?
:D Funny..... I actually reinstalled the pocket clip upside down so that it's even faster when you deploy it. You don't have to rotate it to deploy the blade.
I don't carry a gun but I do carry this knife where ever I go. It's like a security blanket.
image.jpg

Also removed the safety catch

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I have both a prochem upholstery and a pmf internal jet.
The prochem is good but throws too much water around. Not an option if yer cleaning on hardwood.
The pmf I used for many years and while it's good for light fabrics, it doesn't have enough flow to utilize the advantage of heat and flushes poorly.
Takes forever on heavier or soiled fabric.
Also causes scarring on velvety fabrics if you're not careful.
This is why I was so happy with my SS tool. It remedies both issues. Steady flow of fluid that cleans and dries both delicate and dense fabric very quickly without the same risk of scarring and water marks.
Doesn't douche the room with water like the prochem either.