OLD coffee stains won't come out of Commercial Carpet (church)

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
An oxidizer product is usually going to be the most effective on coffee. But there will be exceptions due to with caffeine or decaf, cream, sugar and such.

Start with StainZone, Stain Magic, Stain One or the Proxi. They are all oxidizers with various added ingredients for different stains.

The baking soda you already applied may really mess up the carpet and leave a white residue that will wick to the surface in future cleanings. Avoid baking soda on carpet! Also avoid any of the deodorizers that are mainly baking soda.

A reducer can help on some types of coffee. RedZone Ready; Red Relief etc.

If there was cream in the coffee, a first cleaning with a solvent or an enzyme product may help. Use the oxidizer or reducer to finish the job.

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
Keep in mind that plain coffee is, by itself, an acid-side liquid. But hardly anyone drinks "just coffee" any more. There's sugar, cream (milk and milk fats), artificial creamers, flavorings like caramel, you name it.

Milk fats don't always respond well to high heat, though, so I always recommend that my guys first rinse the spot thoroughly with warm water, then do the usual cleaning process, then tackle any discoloration that remains with an oxidizer like Stain Zone, Stainfree, or Triplephase.

Anything that remains can then be hit with a reducer like TCU, and if THAT fails we pull out the big guns - the sulfurs. Sulfur-bearing spotters have, so far, taken care of virtually every coffee spot that stubbornly refused to budge for anything else.
What's a good sulfur spotter?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I understand the Oxidizing effect But
Why would you use Baking Soda and Vinegar?!? the Baking soda can be very difficult to remove and its a acid neutralizer but also can be used as a buffer, meaning that its on the High side of the PH scale

Use the coffee stain remover by Bridgepoint (stuff works!!!!) and use a full face respirator, and have plenty of air and circulation.

That stuff will irritate your eyes and throat, very toxic stuff

You could also try :

Allow to dry
Vacuum well
apply stain magic,
place a UV light on overlight
or place a piece of plastic clear food wrap on top of the spot and allot sunlight to hit it or apply uv light
give 24hrs

Do a patch repair/swap

And as a safety

DO NOT MIX REDUCERS WITH A OXIDIZER

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
with all the stain removers and stuff you have done to the carpet , its pretty well set now and is not gonna come out..

paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch it
[/QUOTE

I agree, why use all that stuff and not use the correct product?

but it all really depends on the fiber

If its polypropylene then you still have a chance/hope