FB - ok guys.. I'm noticing a significant... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

FB ok guys.. I'm noticing a significant...

J

Jason Miller

ok guys.. I'm noticing a significant difference in cost. box truck vs High top cargo van.. I like the idea of all the space in a box truck and I'd get the ones that are lowered a bit and probably also use it for floor equipment. but the high top vans look like they may be a bit easier to get around ? 90% of my work is very easy accessible with a box truck. what's your imput ? If I were be dedicating one vehicle to carpets only I'd probably go with a high top but since I'm still start up and diversified I like the idea of a roomy box truck and being able to use it for multiple different things

D

Damion Nixon Jones

Keep in mind with a box truck and floor equipment you may need a very long ramp due to deck height. That or a lift. Keep in mind that a lift might slow you down . Plus a box truck typically chews tires

C

Carlos Mendez

JUST GOT NISSAN High Top Om fuc.... Happy with it and looks good when I pull to the gas station my competitors give me a dirty look

C

Carlos Mendez

But you a standard roof nissan or any other will be fine no company giving you 100k 5yr but nissan not evan ford 36k

T

Tom Ingram

Check the gas mileage on both types. I believe the newer style high top vans get around 20 mpg.

K

Kevin Wilson

Box van= bad mpg! But cheaper to buy used. I'm going through that decision myself right now.

K

Kevin Wilson

Go drive a Ford Transit with the Ecoboost, it will blow your mind. The Promaster is a turd.

J

John Wesson Sr.

The only box truck id consider is an isuzu npr with turbo diesel and side door. Other than that id probably go with a high roof dually sprinter with a turbo diesel 156" wb maybe 170. I say dually cause in the city 6 wheels can park legally to service where 4 wheels cant. Something to consider

J

John Wesson Sr.

The npr gets good fuel economy and so does the sprinter i hear

clean slate

Apr 15, 2011
new hampshire
Real Name
adam
Business Location
United States
Go drive a Ford Transit with the Ecoboost, it will blow your mind. The Promaster is a turd.
Both ford and pro master can't stand up to Nissan or sprinter . Look at the size of the tiny brake drums on those two and look at the Nissan and sprinter . Downfalls with sp inter is 3-4 year warranty vs Nissan 5-100,000