StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
Never do a FREE Room demo if they do not have or are interested in more work than about a $300.00 to 1000.00 job. You need to see the area first before offing a free room demo, and only do it in a estimate or when one is concerned about something.
I think that depends...on who is doing the demo and if it's a qualified lead. I know at one time I was capable of making a free demo work. I don't have the stomach for it and haven't for a long time. If you are getting 15 calls and scheduling nothing....sales training would be advised. Certainly at least some of those calls could have been converted to paying customers.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Plus cleaning solutions and looooooong dry times. It just doesn't make sense, really.
The machine HD rents out is 30bucks for the first 4hrs. Anything after is added by the hr. 100bucks for 24hrs. They take a 15dollar deposit refundable upon inspection when you return it if you wanna insure it. Then you buy their chems. I bet customers always go past the 30 dollar pricepoint. I would say if its not just a couple of spot removals theyll have 75 to 100 bucks into it. Their labor ontop of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Made New Again

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
The machine HD rents out is 30bucks for the first 4hrs. Anything after is added by the hr. 100bucks for 24hrs. They take a 15dollar deposit refundable upon inspection when you return it if you wanna insure it. Then you buy their chems. I bet customers always go past the 30 dollar pricepoint. I would say if its not just a couple of spot removals theyll have 75 to 100 bucks into it. Their labor ontop of it.
That's not to mention the scratches, spills etc driving the machine two and from in the family car.You can't compete with a price that doesn't exist...

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
I still get better calls by taking 3 for $99 off my site. Fewer but better for sure. lets say One call equals anywhere from 3 to 20 calls for a 3 areas special. In my book ,Simply because of the lower close rate (bargain shoppers) and the lower tickets. Not saying I will not put back on, cause I ran that special for a good while and it gets you moving. But I think it will be for short periods during slow months. It is a conversation starter for sure, I spent a lot of time on the phone trying to turn the ones that figured they could get lower than $99 on fewer areas. I just hate to waste calls, so I always give them the goods. But sometimes its a dead horse. Without the price on site very few call me that expect low prices. If I was feeding 3 vans I may think differently. Cause you can push for up sells.And you need the phone ringing. It works both ways, just up to you which direction to go. You can get a bit of both with careful advertising. Keeping specials special is one way. Not just as a normal price. When I pull special my minimum goes back to 125. which is normal. 99 special only lowers my minimum basically.
And look you never know who your talking to either. One room doesn't mean you cant make 1k off that house per year. Maybe just a pet accident or kids spill they are dealing with. You get here and they have 5 oriental rugs and kids and dogs running everywhere. It would pay to get foot in the door.

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
I just picked up a mytee lite so I can start offering spot and spill cleanup for $75/1st spot, $25/additional on same visit. It will hopefully get me in the door where I couldn't go with my truckmount for under $125.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums