Officially made my first dollar today | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Officially made my first dollar today

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
One happy customer at a time is how businesses are built. Its exponential, so it takes some time and feels slow at first. Then before you know it you will be booked solid.
Thank you, I know the beginning can be slow. I spent all morning hitting up commercial units, mainly offices, around my area introducing myself and telling them what I do. I made sure not to be pushy or desperate. Just explained what I can do and offered to do a sample. I hope something sticks.

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I got not 1 but 2 paid gigs today. Total revenue $240. Gotta start somewhere.
Thanks for all the advice guys. Keep it coming. See you in Vegas next year!
When you look back on this day a year from now, I hope it makes you smile just as much as it's making you smile right now. Come to think of it, I think EVERYONE here is smiling for you!!!!!

GO YOU!!!

Reactions: LeeRoy

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
The lull when you’re starting out is real. I haven’t had any calls so far this week. I’ve been hitting the street hard everyday knocking on doors of office units around me. I reached to a few realtors that I know and I nailed a job for December.

Any suggestions on what I should be focusing my time on? I’d love to even get a small amount of income coming in till things pick up.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
8E9CF716-B44D-45A5-9F76-8FDC74494FC9.jpeg

I got not 1 but 2 paid gigs today. Total revenue $240. Gotta start somewhere.
Thanks for all the advice guys. Keep it coming. See you in Vegas next year!
I started with nothing now I have this, don’t give up.

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
Love how well this turned out. Sprayed it down with some un-duz-it and let it dwell for 45 minutes. I know some of you look down on mattress work but I owned this and the customer loved it. He was texting his friends showing off the work while I was going HAM.

Attachments

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
I’m gonna keep this thread as my personal business journal. I hope you don’t mind Rob, maybe it will help out someone out in the future. Anyways my wrap is almost done. Can’t wait to hit the streets in this.

Attachments

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Just dont get discouraged. Takes a few months at least. And this is the slowest time of year for many. Might advertise a winter special for holiday season or something.

Reactions: Dizzle Dazzle

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
Just dont get discouraged. Takes a few months at least. And this is the slowest time of year for many. Might advertise a winter special for holiday season or something.
Thanks, I started in the fall fully knowing not much will happen revenue wise for a while. In the meantime I’m taking my time learning to use the machine, chemistry etc. I hope that next spring I can really hit the ground running. I’ve started a few business in the past and had a successful corporate career. I took the last 18 months off from general burn out and decided that working for myself was what I wanted to do.

Reactions: Mama Fen

Dizzle Dazzle

Sep 24, 2019
Real Name
Konrad Bilinski
Business Location
Canada
Holy crap guys, the job I had today. It was supposed to be an easy 4 bedroom house. $169 special cause I’m new and it’s slow. I spent 5 hours working. I don’t think they do much as vacuumed this carpet in 4 years. I had to move furniture, I’d rather not but I used to be mover so it’s easier for me than the average Joe. There were 2 sets of stairs and dining room and living room. I got most of stains off and dirt off but the corners edges were black and I couldn’t really get at it with any of my tools. Is there way to treat this? The living room had stains that just wouldn’t budge, I presprayed agitates and extracted twice but i was still unhappy with the results. I think I need stronger chemistry in my arsenal. Any suggestions ?