Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Anyone know what happened here of recent fire on Facebook?
hydramaster x drive fire.jpg

Sabyl Nate

Nov 4, 2018
Moline, IL
www.sabyltech.com
Real Name
Nate Howard
Business Location
United States
Had 2 Boxxer 421s... air cooled little guys that packed a big punch. Both were used, both came from sources that didn't care for them properly. Not a machine that I'd trust to carry a company past 4,000/5,000 hours personally, but that's more of an air cooled vs liquid cooled engine thing. They get plenty hot, and will handle a 200ft run with minimal drying issues. Two jetter wand for sure, imo.

Upgraded to the Titan 575. First one was flawless. Heat was remarkable, suction was awesome after running Boxxers for awhile. They do like to vibrate, and checking / tightening bolts often is a good idea. We had a problem with the diverter arm up front disconnecting, which would cause the machine to keep heating... it's a bad deal when it happens, unless you're into burning the crap out of yourself trying to get back up in the middle of a job.

When it was time to add another van to the fleet, bought another 575... and it was the biggest lemon I've ever encountered. Right out of the box it gave us nothing but problems. We got to test the whole truckmount guarantee, 30 days blah blah blah… it didn't go like that. Ended up taking it to service 6 times I believe, and two different locations. Nobody could figure it out, but nobody was willing to swap it out and let us get on with busy season either... all while still making the payment, might I add. It escalated, and I actually had to contact Hydramaster directly over it. By the end of it, the Titan was pulled out of the van, and a CDS was put in it's place.

After running the Titan (that ran), I wasn't real big on the CDS, but I can see the appeal... especially with employees/technicians out running them. Very minimal problems, very minimal maintenance comparatively. We ended up selling the original Titan and van (that ran), and replacing it with a new van running another CDS shortly before my departure from that company. At the time, the first CDS was having some serious overheating and electrical issues, but I left before learning what the deal was.

I'm back on a Prochem now, and happy about it. All in all, I love all 3 machines for what they are, and if I had to choose one it would be the 575, despite the lemon incident.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Anyone know what happened here of recent fire on Facebook?
View attachment 81777
Thats really odd thats a cds and a cds really has nothing that could really catch fire no motor or exhaust in the van. I wonder if they were running a propane or diesel burner to boost heat or something? Id be really interested to hear the back story on that photo

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Why would someone do insurance fraud unless they had big problems with the machine? Or is that what you were trying to say?

I was kidding. I'm also just remembering being told its against osha regulations to have gas that's not in a metal container. I had a TM in a trailer for the longest time and I would put the plastic gas container on the side of the trailer when the TM was on. That wasn't even good enough. Gas must be in a metal container supposedly.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I am a big fan of the CDS. The X drive version I will reserve my opinion until it has 5 years under it's belt.

One of my guys bought one of these (not sure where, alas, they're still pretty limited as to who can install them) and hasn't had too many problems - so far the biggest issue was a hose that walked a bit after install and started rubbing, and the unit's got about a thousand hours on it. It seems substantially noisier than the original CDS units but the vacuum... oh my goodness.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Only real problem I have had is with the older CDS units is the waste tanks rotting out, and salsa gets plugged up and burns up the blower if not taken out and cleaned every 2k hours.
Bought a 03 4.8 with salsa back in 2012 with bad blower because of plugged up salsa and rebuilt it, waste tank started a leak in 04 so had a replica made and powder coated in a industrial coating. Other than that just a couple floats on the water box have gone bad. Love my 4.8 so much I have a Titan 575 that I picked up 4 months ago that has yet to be put in service.

Do you know how to clean the Salsa heat exchanger? I've got 2,600 hours on my unit and need to figure out how to clean it.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
You need to remove the salsa heater and turn it upside down and pour 2oo+degree water through it let everything drain out

I wish there was a video of how to take the Salsa heater out and do this. Maybe there is, I'm going to Google it.

Aug 28, 2018
Real Name
Bruce wayne
Do you know how to clean the Salsa heat exchanger? I've got 2,600 hours on my unit and need to figure out how to clean it.

The one thing that hasn’t been mentioned here enough is that you can always reach Hydramaster with one call to the technical support line

they are always helpful I have a total of Seven Hydramaster machines in our group and not one of them has been anything but flawless.

To be honest the only reason we have any other machines is cause HydraMaster doesn’t make an Everest !

If they had something comparable I would buy it they also need to update their design and look to stay current and compete

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
AC coil cleaner or something really acidic de-scaler works well, if you have a large plastic tote I would actually submerge it then soak it for a few hours then flush it out with a garden hose

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
The one thing that hasn’t been mentioned here enough is that you can always reach Hydramaster with one call to the technical support line

they are always helpful I have a total of Seven Hydramaster machines in our group and not one of them has been anything but flawless.

To be honest the only reason we have any other machines is cause HydraMaster doesn’t make an Everest !

If they had something comparable I would buy it they also need to update their design and look to stay current and compete
I am watching with great interest to see what impact the buyout has on HM's designs, quality, and customer service. I sincerely hope it's positive.

Reactions: rob allen

akgolfpro

Sep 9, 2010
Real Name
Adam King
Business Location
United States

You need to pull it out, then depending on which salsa you have you may need to take it apart, the model I have had like 50 screws holding the side plates on. Get it apart and if it’s not that bad you can soak it in some cleaner and just hose it off. The best way to clean it is to take it to a radiator shop and have it soaked and cleaned, but you are looking at $100-$150 for that. They have a acid that won’t hurt it.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo