cleanserite

Nov 27, 2012
Real Name
ernie kosar
Need help finding ruff price to bid
Every day cleaning Monday through Friday in an office environment
One worker three hours a day
Duties are
Trash removed – light dusting – glass doors clean – mopping of the VCT – vacuuming carpet
No supplies only equipment to clean needed

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
I charge 32.50 a man hour.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
With no supplies just the labor, I'd bid $30 - $40 per hour
For an every day job ?? Five days ?? Seems at $450-$600 / week they would hire a cleaner . If you're getting that I'm happy for you . Seems steep to me for that job is all .
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: cleanserite

cleanserite

Nov 27, 2012
Real Name
ernie kosar
For an every day job ?? Five days ?? Seems at $450-$600 / week they would hire a cleaner . If you're getting that I'm happy for you . Seems steep to me for that job is all .
All the Best , Ed
I have one similar that came with the company I bought Monday through Friday ruffly 3 hrs a day I get 2100 a month I just thought it was a little low didn't want to raise them cause was afraid to loss it

Reactions: Common janitor

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
All the Best , Ed
They are hiring a cleaner. Him. They could hire their own guy and do it in house but it wouldn't necessarily save them money (depending on what they pay him) and they would have the cost of training plus the liability and hassle of managing an employee who isn't there during normal hours. By hiring out they might pay more but they justify it because they are hiring a professional who should be able to provide them a higher quality service, less liability, less hassle.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Depends on your area and your employee situation. Take your employee cost to you, add your time to manage and deal with paperwork, liability, etc, add profit for your business and you have your price. 30-40 an HR is the ballpark for my business in that situation. Sometimes a little more, depending on the quality of cleaning they want and employee.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
They are hiring a cleaner. Him. They could hire their own guy and do it in house but it wouldn't necessarily save them money (depending on what they pay him) and they would have the cost of training plus the liability and hassle of managing an employee who isn't there during normal hours. By hiring out they might pay more but they justify it because they are hiring a professional who should be able to provide them a higher quality service, less liability, less hassle.
True !! Around here it's common to hire someone for around $9-10 / hour . Add's in the paper all the time . Some are even lower . Actually , I was curious if the hourly rate went down with how frequently the place was cleaned . Guess everyone stays the same regardless . Interesting .
All the Best, Ed

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
True !! Around here it's common to hire someone for around $9-10 / hour . Add's in the paper all the time . Some are even lower . Actually , I was curious if the hourly rate went down with how frequently the place was cleaned . Guess everyone stays the same regardless . Interesting .
All the Best, Ed
It can to a point. I have a location I clean once a week for an hour, I charge $80 a week. Scrub and buff the floors, clean the bathrooms. 45 minutes to an hour each week. If it was 3 hours once a week I'd probably charge about $150 a week.

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
I did this last year for a commercial office and I charged $100/day. I spent about 2 hrs a night doing it. That is my job minimum to show up. If you run a biz make sure to pay urself for your time

dallasmaids

Nov 6, 2017
Real Name
Greg Shepard
We don't get much commercial jobs because we specialize in residential home cleaning. however when we do I've found a book I purchased on this as all the info I need. It's called "Cleaning up For a Living" by Aslett Browning.

As for commercial cleaning, I've thought about getting into it. Very lucrative. However I'd need ot open a separate business because it's a different creature.

Spotless Janitorial

Nov 8, 2017
Real Name
Spotless Janitorial
Office Cleaning services GTA

Spotless Janitorial Services has been proudly providing Commercial cleaning services to the western part of Greater Toronto Area such as Milton, Mississauga, Brampton and Oakville for over 30 years. Voted #1 in the Business Times Reader’s Choice Awards 5 years in a row. 100% client satisfaction guarantee. Contact us at 1 855 875 3326 for a free consultation.

dex

May 6, 2009
Urbana
Real Name
Dwain McDaniel
Business Location
United States
if it actually takes 3 hours a day that tells me it has to be about 15000 sq.ft since around 5000 per hour is a pretty good ballpark cleaning time in office areas. A decent price for five day per week full service office cleaning is $1.40 per sq.ft. So you have $21,000.00 per year or $1750 a month. At $40 per hour x 3 hrs x 5 days x 4.3 weeks/ month you come out with $2580.00 a month , way too high, they will get someone else cheaper. You are more likely to build a business doing this at about $27-$30 per hour.

Reactions: Common janitor

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
if it actually takes 3 hours a day that tells me it has to be about 15000 sq.ft since around 5000 per hour is a pretty good ballpark cleaning time in office areas. A decent price for five day per week full service office cleaning is $1.40 per sq.ft. So you have $21,000.00 per year or $1750 a month. At $40 per hour x 3 hrs x 5 days x 4.3 weeks/ month you come out with $2580.00 a month , way too high, they will get someone else cheaper. You are more likely to build a business doing this at about $27-$30 per hour.
After reading the responses I decided to raise my prices this year . Went up five percent and they never blinked .
All the Best, Ed

Ron Reichert

Mar 13, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Ron Reichert
Business Location
United States
I have one similar that came with the company I bought Monday through Friday ruffly 3 hrs a day I get 2100 a month I just thought it was a little low didn't want to raise them cause was afraid to loss it
If you are paying your employee $15 per hour, $45 per day, your labor cost is $292 per week, or $1267 per month. That leaves you with $833 per month before supply costs, which is a 39% profit margin. That's not bad. I'll take those all day. If you can work in a set maintenance program for deep cleaning the carpeting and hard floors, that's a nice account.