Office Bid

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Was approached about bidding on a brand new office . Just about 3,000 sq. ft with everything crammed in .
150 plus cubes , 20 small offices, four bathrooms , conference rooms etc .
Five nights a week . Looked at the numbers figuring time and honestly it looks to big for one person .
Just supplies are coming out at $200- $250 per week . Thoughts ??
All the Best , Ed

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Sounds like a headache. If you have a couple trustworthy employees ready then go for it. Dont be cheap. If you would have to train more employees then really dont be cheap, because its gonna be a headache.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Sounds like a headache. If you have a couple trustworthy employees ready then go for it. Dont be cheap. If you would have to train more employees then really dont be cheap, because its gonna be a headache.
Exactly . No employees now so ..........
Figured I would have to get someone for 2-3 hrs . a night and I’d handle the bulk of it . Guess I’m calling the accountant tomorrow and see how to get legal for employees .
All the Best , Ed

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
How many sq feet? Vacuum and trash what else? Glass on offices. I would think 3 people 5 hours per night. Right? What kind of man hours are you coming up with? Could be a good contract if priced right.

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
How many sq feet? Vacuum and trash what else? Glass on offices. I would think 3 people 5 hours per night. Right? What kind of man hours are you coming up with? Could be a good contract if priced right.
Just about 3,000 sq.ft and there is no glass to take care of .
At 2 minutes a cube ........ that’s 5 hours alone . A local company would have 3 people and be gone in three hours max .
Yeah , they’re flying and the bathrooms show it and so does everything else . Not getting bogged down on something I figured about 10- 10 1/2 hrs . Upside is everything is new so it’s maintenance cleaning .
All the Best , Ed

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Just about 3,000 sq.ft and there is no glass to take care of .
At 2 minutes a cube ........ that’s 5 hours alone . A local company would have 3 people and be gone in three hours max .
Yeah , they’re flying and the bathrooms show it and so does everything else . Not getting bogged down on something I figured about 10- 10 1/2 hrs . Upside is everything is new so it’s maintenance cleaning .
All the Best , Ed
I thought 3000 was a typo. That is a small location for all those cubes. And 4 restrooms and offices.
I don't think I would try to do it yo it yourself. Round to 12 hours. 4 employees at 3 hours per night. Then when one person calls in sick the others are not screwed or you are not going in to do it.
I would think $240 or night plus supplies. Would be cost. That is $20 or man hour so like 14 plus workers comp, unemployment and SSI. Then you need to add profit. I think cost is 60k per year plus profits.
What do you think Ed

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
I thought 3000 was a typo. That is a small location for all those cubes. And 4 restrooms and offices.
I don't think I would try to do it yo it yourself. Round to 12 hours. 4 employees at 3 hours per night. Then when one person calls in sick the others are not screwed or you are not going in to do it.
I would think $240 or night plus supplies. Would be cost. That is $20 or man hour so like 14 plus workers comp, unemployment and SSI. Then you need to add profit. I think cost is 60k per year plus profits.
What do you think Ed
Yeah , it’s crammed in for sure . Went back and forth with the numbers and I’m going to have to walk this before I get anything concrete set down . Like Smalltown said this could be a headache .
All the Best , Ed

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
How do you fit 150 cubes in 3000 sq feet? With offices and restrooms. That's crazy.
That kinda work gets really old really quick if you have to do it all night every night. I clean offices and medical clinics 3-5hrs per night but they are several small jobs, so I dont get too bored. And i have employees that do 70 percent of my work. If you will be doing it yourself, make it worth your time.

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
How do you fit 150 cubes in 3000 sq feet? With offices and restrooms. That's crazy.
That kinda work gets really old really quick if you have to do it all night every night. I clean offices and medical clinics 3-5hrs per night but they are several small jobs, so I dont get too bored. And i have employees that do 70 percent of my work. If you will be doing it yourself, make it worth your time.

Exactly what I was thinking 150 cubicles in 3000 square- exactly what I was thinking 150 cubicles 3000 sqft?

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
Yeah , it’s crammed in for sure . Went back and forth with the numbers and I’m going to have to walk this before I get anything concrete set down . Like Smalltown said this could be a headache .
All the Best , Ed
I'm just confused did you do a walk through to come up with the sqft or did you go by what the client told you the sqft is?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Is this office space at the Wonka Factory for Umpa Lumpas?

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Lol . Yeah , got to thinking about the space and figured someone forgot a zero !! Sure enough it’s more like 30,000 square feet .
Still under construction when I did the walkthrough . Want a pretty detailed cleaning . Going to meet with some suppliers and see what they say I’ll have to put out weekly . Been running numbers based on some research and they seem pretty huge . Question I have is since it’s five nights a week how much do you discount or don’t you ??
All the Best , Ed

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
30,000sq feet is a big job. Just the floor alone would take some time. However many days a week you still need to make a wage for the work plus some profit. Doesn't change much. Some places that want cleaning once or twice a week have to pay alot more per cleaning, but that's because there is alot more to clean after several days.
I usually bring my wife to the walk through with me, because two opinions are usually better than one. Its saved me before.