Odorcide - 4 Steps to Odor Elimination | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Odorcide - 4 Steps to Odor Elimination

Mike Hershley

Oct 14, 2011
Missouri
Real Name
Mike Hershley
Business Location
United States
logo_odorcide.png

Odor Control Principles

1. If possible, remove the source of
the odor by absorbing or scooping
2. Clean the contaminated area
3. Insure penetration of Odorcide into
all surfaces and spaces (injection,
spraying, saturating, etc)
4. Seal areas if applicable depending
on type of surface being treated

*Odorcide can be used at any stage of the process at varying dilutions based upon odor severity and whether or not the source area can be determined.

Odorcide_Original_FamilyPic_Animals.jpg

Mike Hershley

Oct 14, 2011
Missouri
Real Name
Mike Hershley
Business Location
United States
I appreciate your comments and yes we realize it on the high side of the price chart. If you take into consideration how much is typically used and the fact that you don't have to come back for a repeat treatment i.e., high customer satisfaction, the price point usually comes way down. The old saying of you get what you pay for comes in to play when you talk about quality of the product. I do appreciate the feedback and let me know if I can answer any questions about our product.

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
I agree that a product like Odorcide is expensive but when dealing with really
bad odor problems that in general it will
more that pay for itself. To remove and really
properly deordorize /neutralize pet odors for instance requires effective products + hard work so we have to charge accordingly.

Reactions: Mike Hershley

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
Its worth the money. Because of the price I charge a $100 min to use it though, so I dont get to use it as often as Id like. I buy @ 1 gallon every 3 months. My first client has to buy the Gallon and the next 6 clients pay my overhead and wages. I think that the price is inflated because they know it works the best, but I think the company would make more profit if they if they lowered it and went for volume. Id stock it if it was $60 gal. I dont buy quarts. lol.

Till then I still have Pros Choice OSR, Molecular Modifier, and some other products that work nearly as well for half the price or less. I use @ 2 gallons OSR, 3 gallons MM every 3 months.

I offer both as options to my clients.
1. Odorcide @ $0.40 sf/$100 min - but 100% Guaranteed. Always recommended on Invoice
2. OSR/MM @ $0.20 sf - No min As I always have theses stocked - Sold as effective on 95% of issues

I always include what most cleaners sale as DeO (airfresh and scents) in all of my cleanings. I let my client pick their scent/no scent.

Still Pros Choice must make @ $200 mo on me alone. haha. But I make an easy $1200-2000 of them :)

But with Odorcide Ive never had to refund on my guarantee, only re apply for 2 clients.

hubcitylouie

May 14, 2013
Lubbock,Tx
www.cirruscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Louie Hilliard
Business Location
United States
I always include what most cleaners sale as DeO (airfresh and scents) in all of my cleanings. I let my client pick their scent/no scent.

Still Pros Choice must make @ $200 mo on me alone. haha. But I make an easy $1200-2000 of them :)

But with Odorcide Ive never had to refund on my guarantee, only re apply for 2 clients.
I have been using Odorcide but does not seem to work for me as well. I am not sure where I am going wrong. I have been mixing it 5 to 6 oz per gallon and the spray it on. When I leave the room smells great. Almost overpowering. Comeback 12-24 hours later and it is gone. I would not feel comfortable making a guarantee at this point.

Louie

Reactions: poof142

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
I have been using Odorcide but does not seem to work for me as well. I am not sure where I am going wrong. I have been mixing it 5 to 6 oz per gallon and the spray it on. When I leave the room smells great. Almost overpowering. Comeback 12-24 hours later and it is gone. I would not feel comfortable making a guarantee at this point.

Louie
XCIDE is another product of the same caliber / Price point. try that. Never Had an Issue with it either...even on Area rugs soaked in urine and left in the rain for two days.

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert

Louie
Make sure that your initial cleaning is as thorough as possible when dealing with odor. Pre-vac 1st with the nap then against it, Pre Treat with OSR and scrub in, Rinse with and encap or textile rinse (depending on soil levels), Allow to Dry (use multiple air movers in leap frog fashion) the product will have a difficult time penetrating the surface if its still full of water. I always post treat with the expensive stuff at 2-3x their dilution instructions. because they write them to cover their butts and go a little overboard. and rake product in.

hope that helps... now your ready to double your price and offer a guarantee

Reactions: Dewitt

hubcitylouie

May 14, 2013
Lubbock,Tx
www.cirruscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Louie Hilliard
Business Location
United States
Make sure that your initial cleaning is as thorough as possible when dealing with odor. Pre-vac 1st with the nap then against it, Pre Treat with OSR and scrub in, Rinse with and encap or textile rinse (depending on soil levels), Allow to Dry (use multiple air movers in leap frog fashion) the product will have a difficult time penetrating the surface if its still full of water. I always post treat with the expensive stuff at 2-3x their dilution instructions. because they write them to cover their butts and go a little overboard. and rake product in.

hope that helps... now your ready to double your price and offer a guarantee
That helps a lot. So the odorcide for example calls for 8oz per gallon for heavy odor. Are you suggesting using 16 to 20oz per gallon?

Louie

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums mobile app

drift56

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Robert
That helps a lot. So the odorcide for example calls for 8oz per gallon for heavy odor. Are you suggesting using 16 to 20oz per gallon?

Louie

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums mobile app
Ive used it straight... just test a spot 1st. If something bad is gonna happen youd see signs of it within 15 mins. so test a spot near base board that you can bump under just in case. before you start your cleaning. youll be fine.

but when you come into any home/issue it is critical to go back out to your van and ask your self a few questions before you start rolling hoses in.

1. what is the carpet made of - Nylon, Olifin, WOOL? - this step narrows your product choices by half.
2. What Type of Soiling is there? - Brown dirt, Oily Soil, Red Clay dirt - Narrows again
3. Other Issues? - Urine, Other Odor, Dry Time, Browning ect.

But stopping to really do this check list will save you so much time. cant tell you how many times ive started cleaning "home builder basic" that I assumed was nylon to find out it was Olefin and had to rinse and start over. There is a HUGE difference in results when you stop and think first. You will dramatically improve your cleaning and referrals while saving yourself headache and frustration.

Reactions: hubcitylouie

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Odorcide is a fantastic product. I charge extra when I use it I use 4 ounces in a half gallon sprayer and apply after we have finished cleaning usually I charge $60 extra and only use 4 ounces of odorcide. It is making me good money if you run the numbers.
Is that a per room price, per spot area, or just add on to the total job? 1/5 gal won't go very far.

pmathot

Jun 7, 2011
Penrith, Lower Blue Mountains - Sydney, Australia
www.mightyclean.com.au
Real Name
Phil Mathot
Business Location
Australia
If source removal is listed as the first step in using Odorcide, what job does the Odorcide do? Deal with residual odour? Lost faith in this overpriced product (exceeds $100 in Australia) along time ago - except on 2 dimensional surfaces (tiles, timber floors etc), where it can be mopped on.

Phil M.

Reactions: StevenB.

idahofallscarpetcleaners

Jan 9, 2012
Idaho
www.idahofallscarpetcleaners.com
Real Name
Patrick Ianuzi
Business Location
United States
Is that a per room price, per spot area, or just add on to the total job? 1/5 gal won't go very far.
I mix 4 ounces in a half gallon sprayer and spray in every room after a good cleaning odorcide covers up urine smell better than any other product the goal is make is smell good while it is drying no one wants to smell dog pee while there house is drying. Usually a half gallon will do 3-4 bedrooms and 2 living rooms in a typical house most people that add it on don't have a terrible pet problem so I don't have to use more than this. $10 per room for deodorizer. If the problem is more serious I charge more to do water claw pet treatments and will spray double the odorcide but usually if I am doing that I charge about $35 more a room. But 90% of the time I just notice people have a pet especially if it has not urinated and say to the customer I notice you have a pet it really would not hurt to add our special pet treatment for only $10 per room and it will really make your house smell so much fresher. So usually on a typical house I clean 6 rooms get $60 more. I've tried other products but they don't last as long or I have to use so much more to get the results that odorcide gives me with just 4 ounces. And do the math it is not that expensive.

Mike Hershley

Oct 14, 2011
Missouri
Real Name
Mike Hershley
Business Location
United States
Its worth the money. Because of the price I charge a $100 min to use it though, so I dont get to use it as often as Id like. I buy @ 1 gallon every 3 months. My first client has to buy the Gallon and the next 6 clients pay my overhead and wages. I think that the price is inflated because they know it works the best, but I think the company would make more profit if they if they lowered it and went for volume. Id stock it if it was $60 gal. I dont buy quarts. lol.

Till then I still have Pros Choice OSR, Molecular Modifier, and some other products that work nearly as well for half the price or less. I use @ 2 gallons OSR, 3 gallons MM every 3 months.

I offer both as options to my clients.
1. Odorcide @ $0.40 sf/$100 min - but 100% Guaranteed. Always recommended on Invoice
2. OSR/MM @ $0.20 sf - No min As I always have theses stocked - Sold as effective on 95% of issues

I appreciate the feedback and thank you for using Odorcide!