Odorcide® - Original & Fresh Scent | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Odorcide® - Original & Fresh Scent

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
admin submitted a new Showcase Item:

Odorcide® - Original & Fresh Scent

Use Odorcide® 210 Concentrate in Original and Fresh Scent for eliminating all types of offensive odors to include pet urine. Odorcide is a non-enzymatic product, works instantly with no dwell time and is not affected by detergents and disinfectants. Apply to reach the odor source as a pretreatment, during the cleaning operation or in the rinse and the odor is gone. Thornell products use a unique proprietary formula that permanently eliminates, not masks, odors on contact. Ask your local distributor for Odorcide®, “the one that works” and go to www.odorcide.com for more detailed information or to request a sample.

Contact Information:
Mike Hershley, Odorcide Product Manager
Office: 888-873-3442
mikeh@thornell.com
Read more about this showcase item here...

Robert Allensworth

Apr 22, 2015
Real Name
Robert Allensworth
I used Odorcide Fresh today on some nasty dog smelling carpet and it did the job well!

Robert Allensworth

Apr 22, 2015
Real Name
Robert Allensworth
Just curious, what was your process and Chems used? How was the Odorcide used and at what point in the cleaning process? Just dog smell or piss?
It was just dog smell, no pee. I used Prochem Power Blast as my prespray, scrubbed it in and let dwell. Then extracted with hot water. I then applied the Odorcide and let dry.

Mark Napier

Sep 29, 2014
Chattanooga TN
Real Name
Mark Napier
Business Location
United States
I retract my previous statement. I can't even smell the Odorcide any longer, only the dog smell.
I had a similar situation. I used serum cu as my pre-spray let it dwell for 30 min then hwe followed up by spraying odorcide. Came back the next day and it smelled awesome. I would highly recommend serum cu. I got it at TCS in Atlanta

Jpais

Feb 5, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Joseph Pais
Business Location
United States
It was just dog smell, no pee. I used Prochem Power Blast as my prespray, scrubbed it in and let dwell. Then extracted with hot water. I then applied the Odorcide and let dry.
Spray a disinfectant on the carpet and that should clear the dog smell.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
It could possibly be a grip of dog hair.
Dry scrubbing the carpet and vacuuming can remove a bunch.
Dog hair causes an odor.

Odorcide works as long as you can remove the source of the odor and then , it needs to come in contact with whatever is left over.
Even if you don't always remove the source , Odorcide can eliminate the odor.

Add Odorcide into pre spray. Add a citrus solvent as it works to combat odors As well.

Right now, I'm going with prochem powerburst + citrus + Odorcide for any topical odor treatments

You can also replace powerburst with an oxy pre spray. Oxygen being a natural odor fighter

Robert Allensworth

Apr 22, 2015
Real Name
Robert Allensworth
We are going to pull the carpet and pad, seal the concrete, and put in new pad and carpet. That will solve a lot of the problem! :)

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
I've experienced the same as what Artie was saying. Sometimes if you go over the carpet with a crb you will pull up grocery bags worth of dog hair that is a significant odor source. I would try that before pulling carpet and pad if it's not urine that you're smelling.

carpettom

Dec 7, 2014
Riverside Calif.
Real Name
tom cervino
I've experienced this odor before. It smells like a wet dog and usually gets worse after cleaning. I've tried a lot of different things to remove the odor this type and what has worked best for me is carpet fresh the stuff you buy at the grocery store with baking soda in it. Its kind of a hack move but it works. I'd use 2 to 3 boxes of it in each room rake it in let it sit for a few days then vacuum it out. Try it its a lot cheaper and easier than pulling all the pad out

Reactions: Robert Allensworth

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I had a similar situation. I used serum cu as my pre-spray let it dwell for 30 min then hwe followed up by spraying odorcide. Came back the next day and it smelled awesome. I would highly recommend serum cu. I got it at TCS in Atlanta
Somebody gave me half a gallon of serum CU but I haven't used it bc I'm not entirely sure how lol. The directions are kinda rubbed off. But from what I read online you only rinse it with water right? And pour it into pure into the hydroforce at 9 to 1

Robert Allensworth

Apr 22, 2015
Real Name
Robert Allensworth
I've experienced the same as what Artie was saying. Sometimes if you go over the carpet with a crb you will pull up grocery bags worth of dog hair that is a significant odor source. I would try that before pulling carpet and pad if it's not urine that you're smelling.
I do not own a CRB yet, wish I did though!

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
Use Liquid Alive Oder Digester. I order it from Amazon.
I use a Urine Prespray and then do a normal cleaning. Finish by spraying Liquid Alive on straight.
Nothing is even in the same league as this stuff.

Reactions: LeeRoy

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
The new HD deodorizer from ProsChoice works very well for dog odor. I did job Friday seem to work well. Some products will mask these type odors and after only to return.. Depends on the problem and what's in the padding in most cases. As stated sealing the floor too.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1445214486.936384.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenB.

mathis1

Apr 9, 2011
Real Name
john mathis
Business Location
United States
Serum C Uis a disenfectant that's why it works so well its the same as regular serum with a little less peroxide

Reactions: Mark Napier

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
You wanna kill topical odor with out the wondering? Boost your prespray with Matrix Miracle, OSR or something similar..........Scrub it in then extract. That way your Odorcide doesnt have to do the heavy lifting and will eradicate any residual odor. Odoricide can effectively eliminate odor causing bacteria but you have to make sure it completely saturates it at the right dose. Obviously you do have to remove most of what causes it for its chances to be better. Ill only use an enzyme in the worst cases.

Reactions: Robert Allensworth

Latest posts