Odor after encapping in dry carpet

MSI

Jun 22, 2015
Real Name
Tom Andrews
I CIMEX'd a doctor's office last night with Hydrox, a hydrogen peroxide solution by Releasit (Excellent Supply), for removing brown haze after encapping Saturday with Releasit DS2 & Encap Punch. Had a rain storm so dry time was extended. It's dry now, just got a call from Office manager complaining of odor. Any suggestion(s) for neutralizing odors after carpet's dry? Thanks, I'm in a bind!

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
I CIMEX'd a doctor's office last night with Hydrox, a hydrogen peroxide solution by Releasit (Excellent Supply), for removing brown haze after encapping Saturday with Releasit DS2 & Encap Punch. Had a rain storm so dry time was extended. It's dry now, just got a call from Office manager complaining of odor. Any suggestion(s) for neutralizing odors after carpet's dry? Thanks, I'm in a bind!

Did they say what the odor smelled like? Just making sure they don’t have a leak in the roof from the rain storm or even coming in another way from outside. So yah I would go check it and see what they are talking about first. Depending on how bad and what the situation is If you have a deodorizer you can lightly mist it. If not stop at Home Depot and get some odorban and light mist that.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Curious why encap would take so long to dry?
To me hydrogen peroxide often smells when not masked.
Go there and see what you feel the “smell” issue is really about.
I’d allow the hvac unit fan to run (usually the fans on auto)
and deodorize lightly if it’s just the product they smell. I’ve not used releaseit myself so I don’t know how it smells. But sounds like the carpets got far to wet for encap. I’m still learning encap but I’ve done a few jobs in the rain where my encap dries super fast.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Hydrogen peroxide smells like feet. Some encaps with it more so then others. Vlm should not take long to dry even in high humidity. Other wise it was too wet for the method used.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Agree with above posters. peroxide does have an odor and that odors gets worse as the peroxide gets older. Don't let a peroxide product sit on your shelf too long.

I also agree that it got too wet. Should not have taken that long to dry. The issue may be a building closed with no heat or conditioning or other air movement. That really slows down the drying.

For correction you can use plenty of fresh air to dilute the odor and move out stale air replacing it whit fresh air. You can also mist the carpet with diluted Hydrocide Xtreme. If it was me, I would do both.