Odd spots your thoughts | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Odd spots your thoughts

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Customer called, dog peed and she soaked it up used nature's miracle. Spots were almost all gone. Her husband then used a spot bot with the scrubber brush on bottom and a pet/oxy cleaner that came with the soot bot. When it dried she has these dark spots.
I took a damp white towel and rubbed it . No dirt. It was clean. I hit it with my little spotter steam cleaner with just water. You can still see the spot. Hard to tell as the carpet turns brown when wet but spot is definitely still there.
What do you all think. Did the brushes damage or friction burn the carpet?

9AF6DC82-D868-4577-8739-351939D7EED8.jpeg
2BD910FF-E3FD-4C5D-AC35-8496B951482F.jpeg
CFEC6CA6-3112-4A00-BAEA-710933D738D9.jpeg
4446BBC4-7186-443E-AA7F-3407BF858F52.jpeg
265B38E9-F066-43DA-B2EE-F83748B2ED89.jpeg
FD7E5FBD-1A32-49B7-A240-F3E747449361.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Customer called, dog peed and she soaked it up used nature's miracle. Spots were almost all gone. Her husband then used a spot bot with the scrubber brush on bottom and a pet/oxy cleaner that came with the soot bot. When it dried she has these dark spots.
I took a damp white towel and rubbed it . No dirt. It was clean. I hit it with my little spotter steam cleaner with just water. You can still see the spot. Hard to tell as the carpet turns brown when wet but spot is definitely still there.
I can't attach the photos says file is too large?

Apr 19, 2018
Real Name
Levi gain
Have you tried an oxidizer or anti- browning product on it to relieve browning from potentially being left too wet?

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Have you tried an oxidizer or anti- browning product on it to relieve browning from potentially being left too wet?
No just water so far. I wish I could post the damn photos.

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Levi. I did not think about browning. I think I might try oxy. I did not want to do to much as then she will think I own the spots.

Apr 19, 2018
Real Name
Levi gain
Levi. I did not think about browning. I think I might try oxy. I did not want to do to much as then she will think I own the spots.
Give it a shot but be very up front about the fact that you will do everything you can, with no promises it will work.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
No just water so far. I wish I could post the damn photos.
Hmm, I wonder why you can’t post them. Text me the pictures to 702-595-0488 and I’ll add them into your post for you.

Reactions: BendJanitorial
May 2, 2018
Anniston
Real Name
Matthew Edwards
What exact product did the customer use?

Did you clean only the spots or the entire carpet?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Do you have a black light? Check and see if the spot fluoresces, if it does, it has a ton of optical brightening agent in it which is not good.

If it is a polyester carpet it might've over-oxidized it and caused it to turn dark. Rob might be needed for advice on fixing that issue. (If it even can be fixed)

Reactions: Travis Teague

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Do you have a black light? Check and see if the spot fluoresces, if it does, it has a ton of optical brightening agent in it which is not good.

If it is a polyester carpet it might've over-oxidized it and caused it to turn dark. Rob might be needed for advice on fixing that issue. (If it even can be fixed)
I do have a black light. I will check it. Thanks

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Looks like browning from overwetting. I would spray some fiber rinse from a spray bottle or pump sprayer mixed at 1:10. Let dwell a few minutes, rinse with low psi and do a dozen dry passes. That alone may fix the problem. If not then apply an oxidizer and leave it to dry and the problem should go away.

Reactions: keep it clean

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Looks like browning from overwetting. I would spray some fiber rinse from a spray bottle or pump sprayer mixed at 1:10. Let dwell a few minutes, rinse with low psi and do a dozen dry passes. That alone may fix the problem. If not then apply an oxidizer and leave it to dry and the problem should go away.
Thank you Todd.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Is that wool?
My first thoughts are that this could be wool or another natural fiber. I'd personally be doing a burn test on this one before I did anything else. I don't see much wool around here, but I have cleaned a wool carpet that looked a lot like that one at a church. I would be surprised if that's not natural.

carpetmaxllc

Jul 5, 2016
Real Name
abdul
When we used to much water on berber pee stains have reappeared in a couple of occasions. Use a fan to dry it fast after you clean
Hope this helps