Nylon carpet recommendations

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Hi guys, I have an apartment complex account in which I clean carpets for, they currently have polyester carpets and they usually replace carpets on too many move outs because their carpets fibers get too “ugly”, distorted.
I told them to maybe start using nylon carpets and they had their carpet installers brought some Nylon carpet samples, the owner of the property picked this “BCF Nylon” carpet basically based on its color. The manager of the complex asked me what I thought about the quality of if I thought this carpet would have better resilience and if they would get more life out of it than what they currently have in their units. I told her I would ask you guys so here I am .
Is there a better not too pricey choice than this BCF Nylon carpet? Or this a decent carpet?
TIA.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
our smartest apartment complex installs a somewhat commercial type carpet, very low pile...

its a high end place too, carpet is gray and it rarely gets replaced. Its nylon and very tough, can handle any kind of abuse and always comes back brand new with no wear in the traffic lanes.

I asked the manager and he said its not expensive either

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
our smartest apartment complex installs a somewhat commercial type carpet, very low pile...

its a high end place too, carpet is gray and it rarely gets replaced. Its nylon and very tough, can handle any kind of abuse and always comes back brand new with no wear in the traffic lanes.

I asked the manager and he said its not expensive either
Would you happen to know what brand? Maybe I can recommend it to this property manager.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
A solution dyed BCF nylon is as good as it gets for synthetic carpet fibers. But that is not the only factor.

Gauge? Stitches per inch? Pile height? Density? Face weight? How much twist? Level loop or cut-pile? Color and pattern?

These are the keys that affect how a carpet will hold up over time. Do you know this other information?

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
A solution dyed BCF nylon is as good as it gets for synthetic carpet fibers. But that is not the only factor.

Gauge? Stitches per inch? Pile height? Density? Face weight? How much twist? Level loop or cut-pile? Color and pattern?

These are the keys that affect how a carpet will hold up over time. Do you know this other information?
Amen Scott your right on the money !!!

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Bcf is becoming more standardized again. That just means “continuous” instead of the staple. Nylon does tend to hold up and bounce back more so then polyester. But as Scott said that is more dependent on thread count or face weight.

I often sell them on what i see as the cause of their issue. Like parking lot. Is it asphalt right up to the door. Or is there x amount of distance of concrete like a courtyard between parking and door. Apt building is it carpeted halls leading to entryways. More often we sell a poly that looks very similar to frieze as far as texture and the (fleck) pattern. But its not frieze its cut pile. It gives them the benefit of a lighter colored carpet. But has flecks w/ texture to help camouflage dirt. Its also easy as hell to seam and install and repair.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Poly is 6-10 dollars a yard .
Nylon is $15-20 yard , and can last well over 20 years

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
BCF= bulk continuous filament. Not a good choice for rentals. Unless they are higher end ones. It's too expensive and it will stain unless it is solution dyed. Making it even more expensive. All depends on what the owner wants.
A better choice would be a poly in a taupe or lighter gray color. A carpet cleaning company that is familiar with these types will have good success at cleaning them.

All our rental people buy polys from us because it is more cost effective. We like them because we can slam them and get them clean.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
BCF= bulk continuous filament. Not a good choice for rentals. Unless they are higher end ones. It's too expensive and it will stain unless it is solution dyed. Making it even more expensive. All depends on what the owner wants.
A better choice would be a poly in a taupe or lighter gray color. A carpet cleaning company that is familiar with these types will have good success at cleaning them.

All our rental people buy polys from us because it is more cost effective. We like them because we can slam them and get them clean.
Winner!

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez

Thank you Scott.
I don’t have that information. But I will pass those questions to the property manager so she can ask the carpet salesperson.
I hope she gets a good carpet that way I can clean more of her units .

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez

I can clean their current poly carpets just fine, their issue is that it’s fibers get too “damaged” on high traffic areas and the owner chooses to replace it even when I guarantee I can clean the crap out of it. That’s why I suggested that they get a nylon carpet or something that’s gonna withstand the abuse a bit better than what they currently have.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
I can clean their current poly carpets just fine, their issue is that it’s fibers get too “damaged” on high traffic areas and the owner chooses to replace it even when I guarantee I can clean the crap out of it. That’s why I suggested that they get a nylon carpet or something that’s gonna withstand the abuse a bit better than what they currently have.
In that case it might be a good idea. They could always try it and if it doesn't work out ; they can go back to the way it was. :)

Kenneth12

Sep 20, 2018
Real Name
Kenneth Gemmell
Hi,
In my opinion, nylon carpets are an ideal choice.Nylon carpet fiber is well-known as being very durable. It has long been considered to be the most durable synthetic carpet fiber available.
Thanks.

Chris Henry

Jul 20, 2017
Real Name
Bucky Rogers
I wish I had your problem. One of the properties I clean for had nylon installed when it was first constructed. The carpet in the apartments has lasted 10-15 years. The only reason they started changingout the carpet was because the backing was beginning to delaminate at the seams. They are now going with polyester in a dark brown.
I can get polyester clean but can't get the wear patterns out that neglect from not vacuuming regularly causes.
The other problem is I can't convince them it needs a protectant after cleaning to keep the oils out of the fiber from building up.
My opinion is that even a cheap nylon is better than a medium grade poly or olefin.
Padding can make up the difference too!