Tom Ingram

Premium VIP
Jan 17, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Tom Ingram
Business Location
United States
I ran out of my regular Fusion about 2 weeks ago. I have gone to Nuclean's website and they now have Fusion Pro 5 Prespray, Brutus Pro Prespray and a Stain Stick. (No regular Fusion)The Fusion Pro 5 is also 54.48 plus shipping, yikes... I've seen 1 person say that Brutus was good for the really nasty carpets but that is the only review I've seen. Any experience with any of these products?

I generally use Matrix Grand Slam SC and boost it with Citrus Force ASD if needed for my everyday cleaning...

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I'm still working on 4.0, but I don't use it everyday. I did see the upgrade 5.0 and Brutus as the choices. If you notice, Brutus is cheaper than the 5.0. Odd, maybe.

I will be weighing the choice: cost vs results. It does make me look good. Maybe worth it.

Nuclean Supply

Sep 7, 2012
www.nucleansupply.com
Real Name
Erik J
Tom, the price of Fusion has not changed. The difference is we sold it 5 lbs before. Now we sell it at 8 lbs. BRUTUS is used all the time as a daily cleaning solution. It can be too aggressive for some upholstery, depending on the fiber. The Fusion 5 has a more moderate pH at 9.9 pH. And is often used to clean upholstery. We have something in the works for our stain stick. When that is finished well make an an announcement on our site and Facebook.

Hope this helps. Feel free to call me.
Erik

dandan

Mar 1, 2013
Real Name
Ronn Euell
Ordering Brutus Monday when I get back to the office, Ill chime in too. Will compare side my side with slop and gobble and my favorite Flex with Citrus.

aptcarpet

Nov 13, 2010
VA
Real Name
Anthony Royal
Business Location
United States
I used Brutus on this restaurant the other night with my 360i and a portable. Great results, pictures may not show just how great but I was able to sign this restaurant up for cleaning every 3 weeks. I'm planning to use my Cimex and ds2 though in the future, I just wanted to start off with a clean slate and Brutus got me really close.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Tom Ingram

Premium VIP
Jan 17, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Tom Ingram
Business Location
United States
So has the regular Fusion been replaced by Fusion Pro 5? Also we should rinse with an acid rinse like All Fiber Rinse by JonDon? I think it's about ph4.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
So has the regular Fusion been replaced by Fusion Pro 5? Also we should rinse with an acid rinse like All Fiber Rinse by JonDon? I think it's about ph4.
Tom , that would be in the concentrate ( all fiber rinse) ? It's my understanding that metered at say 2GPH from LSI would not be ph 4. I'm having a hard time believing that a prespray with a ph of 10 is neutralized with a rinsing agent that is metered out at a much higher dilution rate!
Stands to reason if I remember my chemistry from highschool that you would need a ph of 4 in solution line ( HWE) to bring it to 7 if using a 10 ph?
So far I have not used my prochem all fiber rinse that much, 99% of the time fresh soft water.
I do understand that an acid rinse on carpets prone to wick back is a good idea.
So far with Brutus it has been a good piping hot fresh soft water rinse and the results have been great!
Many times I have gone back to jobs a day or two later to remove tabs and blocks ( seniors) and carpet is nice and soft and no wick back.
Just my two cents!

Tom Ingram

Premium VIP
Jan 17, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Tom Ingram
Business Location
United States
So your just using water to rinse?

If water (being neutral) is a 7 and Fusion 5 is a 10 that should be an 8.5.

All Fiber Rinse is a 4 and Fusion5 is a 10 doesn't that come up to 7 (neutral)?

I'm still new to the business and have only cleaned about 150 homes, so I'm still learning for sure...

When I made my 1st purchase from JonDon they said rinse with AFR if using an alkaline pre-spray... So that's pretty much what I've done.

Reactions: dlshetler

Nuclean Supply

Sep 7, 2012
www.nucleansupply.com
Real Name
Erik J
Our new extractifier rinse which is 6.5ph. Lowers the carpet to 7 pH (neutral). At only 1-1.5 oz per gal, with the ball set at 3, its efficient this way because of its novel chemistry. We always encourage everyone to do there own due diligence. And not fall for everything that a local distributor may share as info. That's why TMF is a good place to share to learn and share info.

Nuclean Supply

Sep 7, 2012
www.nucleansupply.com
Real Name
Erik J
I'm glad I just read this. Was going to use Brutus on some upholstery today.

Is Brutus safe to use on micro-fibers?
Ross, BRUTUS is only 10.5 pH. Its not high compared to others in the 11-13 pH. So the potential for browning is reduced greatly w. BRUTUS. We have daily o/o cleaning microfiber couches w. BRUTUS. But always test for colorfast on the back of the couch. Its just the smart thing to do IMO. Plus i tend to be overly cautious, because i have to be.

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
So your just using water to rinse?

If water (being neutral) is a 7 and Fusion 5 is a 10 that should be an 8.5.

All Fiber Rinse is a 4 and Fusion5 is a 10 doesn't that come up to 7 (neutral)?

I'm still new to the business and have only cleaned about 150 homes, so I'm still learning for sure...

When I made my 1st purchase from JonDon they said rinse with AFR if using an alkaline pre-spray... So that's pretty much what I've done.
Its not that simple. First off as soon as your prespray hits the carpet its ph is shifted due to soils in the carpet. Secondly, the volume of water you are rinsing with, acid rinse added or not, is much higher than the volume of prespray that you apply. Thirdly, you are not factoring total alkalinity into your equation. If you really want to know what ph you are leaving the carpet then buy a ph meter and do some real world testing.

Reactions: Tom Ingram

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Lol. I don't ...
Where you by in Cali

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TMF Forums mobile app