Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
I bought a used Amtex Prowler with only 30 hours and I'm having trouble getting constant heat. It's has a single HX so I know the heat isn't going to be remarkable but I shouldn't be able to hold the brass coupler with ease.

The part in the picture was glowing red hot after an hour of running (not shown in pic). It seems to be trapping the heat and not releasing it into the heat HX.

Any thoughts or solutions to this?

Attachments

vnmineo

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
vin mineo
Business Location
United States
I think it's normal for your header to be glowing mine always is.... What flow wand are you running? Psi? Is the dema valve stuck open?

Reactions: Sterling

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
Just a standard duel jet wand with bypass. Not sure of the jet size. About 400 PSI. I'm glad to hear yours is glowing red also. I've never used a HX TM before so I didn't know what to expect. I'll have to do some investigating into the dema valve.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Just a standard duel jet wand with bypass. Not sure of the jet size. About 400 PSI. I'm glad to hear yours is glowing red also. I've never used a HX TM before so I didn't know what to expect. I'll have to do some investigating into the dema valve.
If it came with the prowler and it is a 1.5" tube...you prolly have a 3flow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sterling

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Don't think you can expect good heat when your on the trigger with that unit. It will heat up but not maintain under demand. What is your temp coming off unit ? Running 100 ft you loose 50 degrees at the wand . Colder weather will factor in on any unit unless D burner .
You want heat on that unit, hook up a Little Giant propane .

Reactions: Sterling and Allied

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
Don't think you can expect good heat when your on the trigger with that unit. It will heat up but not maintain under demand. What is your temp coming off unit ? Running 100 ft you loose 50 degrees at the wand . Colder weather will factor in on any unit unless D burner .
You want heat on that unit, hook up a Little Giant propane .
Must be the sub zero Canadian weather. I'll see how it goes in April. I was more concerned about the red glowing head but that seems to be normal with these units.

amtexequipment

Premium VIP
Dec 8, 2008
Houston, Texas
Real Name
Ben Saney
Must be the sub zero Canadian weather. I'll see how it goes in April. I was more concerned about the red glowing head but that seems to be normal with these units.
Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your choice of Amtex.
Prowler is a great machine, I even bought one for us to do all of our houses.;)
Call us and we can go over your unit and also show some ways to maintain the heat as you expect from Prowler.

Regards;
Ben at Amtex