NO WONDER DERON GOT SUCH GOOD DRY TIMES!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Great test results John. And for those that cry they need independent testing when you use gauges in a video for all to see their argument is worthless.

A better argument would be for the competition to provide a video instead of some "phantom" machine with "pie in the sky numbers". In this age of YouTube videos we can get a feel for units without being there. Good job!

Tyler Hill

User
Nov 12, 2010
Bed Rock
Real Name
Bernard "Barney" Rubble
Business Location
United States
So does the m5 have any of these listings?

http://www.osha.gov/dts/otpca/nrtl/

What if I want to clean on a collage campus?

Like Oregon State University or University of Connecticut for example?

The only portable I can find that is UL certified is the Rug Doctor. What does this mean for your customers that have Goverment contracts? Do large company's allow non UL appliances plugged into their power sources for insurance reasons? I think these are bigger questions than who has the most cfm at this point. I know there are many capable portys on the market so maybe you should worry about these things more than who has the most cords.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canada-Eh

Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
coswaysupply.com
Real Name
Kenny Cosway
Business Location
Canada
It would be good if John can say what guages were used (make & model) so the other builders can use the same and post their vids too.

Great test results John. And for those that cry they need independent testing when you use gauges in a video for all to see their argument is worthless.

A better argument would be for the competition to provide a video instead of some "phantom" machine with "pie in the sky numbers". In this age of YouTube videos we can get a feel for units without being there. Good job!

Canada-Eh

Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
coswaysupply.com
Real Name
Kenny Cosway
Business Location
Canada
Many extractors have UL and CSA.

The only portable I can find that is UL certified is the Rug Doctor. What does this mean for your customers that have Goverment contracts? Do large company's allow non UL appliances plugged into their power sources for insurance reasons? I think these are bigger questions than who has the most cfm at this point. I know there are many capable portys on the market so maybe you should worry about these things more than who has the most cords.

dgardner

Jan 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Dan Gardner

The university standards you posted are guidelines that apply to student residents. While they may or may not have issues with your equipment (probably not), it would not be based on the resident restrictions. Other than having my plugs inspected to make sure the ground prongs are intact and cords not frayed, I have never had anyone pay any attention to my equipment.

That's not to say listed by a NRTL is a bad thing, it is definitely good to have.

dgardner

Jan 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Dan Gardner
Also, when a company submits an appliance (like an extractor) for testing, they submit it as an assembly, with a specific bill of materials that make up the unit. It is listed as an assembly. If you upgrade vac motors, pump, or add an APO, etc. or in any way modify your machine, or even repair it with parts you didn't buy from the unit's manufacturer, your machine is no longer listed anyway. Any modifications or non-authorized repair parts invalidate the listing.

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States

Aaaaamen!

Mick Ellis

Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Real Name
M Ellis
Business Location
Australia

I would prefer to see figures from an independent arbitrator rather than in house video's. But thats just my opinion as i have been bitten before.

Mick

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
I would prefer to see figures from an independent arbitrator rather than in house video's. But thats just my opinion as i have been bitten before.

Mick

Yes, I can monkey with about any gauge to get the results I want. More than one drag racer has bought stuff based on in house testing.

Anyone remember the horse power and top speed wars from the bike manufacturers a decade or so ago? The factory numbers never seemed to match the magazine testing.