No water pressure | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

No water pressure

Dr.Jay

Dec 18, 2019
Real Name
Juan Yzaguirre
I have a HydraMaster crossfire 4.4. I have no water coming out of my wand, the pump in switch won’t turn on. And my pressure gauge is not working. I’m new to the carpet cleaning business, I would really appreciate some help.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Is the pressure gauge broken? Or do you just not have any pressure making it that far? If the switch won't turn on try taking the switch off and bridging the two wires. If it works the switch is bad, easy cheap fix. If not you have to dig deeper.

Dr.Jay

Dec 18, 2019
Real Name
Juan Yzaguirre
Not sure if pressure gauge is broken. Is there supposed to be water in the pressure gauge?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Not sure if pressure gauge is broken. Is there supposed to be water in the pressure gauge?
No, the gauge should be filled with a clear oil.

It sounds to me as if there is no water in the truckmount for the pump to pressurize. Don’t run the pump dry. Can you hook up directly to a hose spigot so you have water going into the machine? Make sure the water box is full before starting the machine again.

If the pump has run dry you may need to re-prime it. Do this by sticking a male quick connect into the solution line hookup on the front of the machine. Start the machine and see if water comes out. If not you may need to stick your vacuum hose on the outlet for a few seconds to get the water flowing.

Once you have the pump primed you can remove the male quick connect and you should be able to adjust your pressure using the pressure regulator valve.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yeah theres several things could be causing this issue, the easiest thing to check is if you have water in the hot water box, if not, make sure your transfer pump is working.

Dr.Jay

Dec 18, 2019
Real Name
Juan Yzaguirre
Ok thanks for the advice guys. I did have the water hose connected and running.