Spotless Flooring

May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
I am on a job, just stopped for lunch and returned. Now my pump isnt putting out any pressure what so ever. It was working fine before, now I get nothing.

There is no water getting through. Just a few months ago I went through the descaling process. Like I said it was working fine just before this.

I checked the T handle that regulates the water flow in. Its open all the way (which is actually screwed in all the way).

This is a Chemtex Panther that Amtex rebuilt for me. Kind of a frankenstein machine.

Thanks ahead of time.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
BE sure water is getting to the pump. Check at the point water should enter the pump and make sure the water is available.

Check all filters. Sometimes there are filters you don't even know about. They can get plugged up, especially true after descaling if some of the crud that was loosened collects there.

Is the pump motor turning and the impeller turning? Then the pump may have lost prime. Use your vacuum hose to suck some water into and through the pump. Should work again.

If the pump motor is not turning, then it is likely an electrical issue. Check the connections to the pump, switches and so forth to see where you are loosing power.

vnmineo

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
vin mineo
Business Location
United States
Pics of plumbing would help if you have them

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
If you have a clutch, make sure the wire hasnt come loose.

rjwood

Mar 26, 2015
Real Name
Bob Wood
Make sure the homeowner didn't turn off the water when you went on break. The machine wil not run if it's not getting water.

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
Think something might be blocking my Dema valve?

Whats this thing for anyhow? Other than filtering?
Yes, that is your incoming water filter I would assume. That sucker is filthy. Open it up and clean it ever few months. How long ago did you have this thing rebuild? Do you have a normal maintenance schedule?

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Wow how lazy are people. Like I always say keep your stuff clean. Also check the water pressure regulator to see if it has failed.

rjwood

Mar 26, 2015
Real Name
Bob Wood
No lazy here. I regular maintenance here. I just never knew about that thing. Had to learn the hard way. And that is right at 3 years ago it was rebuilt. Thats 3 years of gunk.
Is your issue now resolved? The fact that the machine kept up all this time with that buildup says good stuff about the machine.