Scompton73

Jan 18, 2018
Real Name
Shane
Was working on my truck mount today, prochem blazer xl, and somehow had the pressure regulator too lose and it shot off and water flooded the entire floor. I picked up all the parts, spring, cap, both ends and the bullet and put it all back together. Filled the water box back up started the machine and now there is zero pressure not even back to the water box. Should I prime the pump? Not sure how to do that exactly. Any ideas would be most help

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Was working on my truck mount today, prochem blazer xl, and somehow had the pressure regulator too lose and it shot off and water flooded the entire floor. I picked up all the parts, spring, cap, both ends and the bullet and put it all back together. Filled the water box back up started the machine and now there is zero pressure not even back to the water box. Should I prime the pump? Not sure how to do that exactly. Any ideas would be most help
Yes, you will have to prime. Best way is to run machine @ idle and turn pump on with pressure turned down (100-200 psi). Pump will normally take about a minute or two to prime. You will also need to trigger the pump at this time to allow air to escape easier.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Any concern of damage to the pump running it dry until it starts to flow?
That's why you are running only at idle and low psi. If you ran your machine full throttle and high psi you could cause damage. With no water your seals will heat up from friction from running dry at higher rpm's. Just remember every pump has to be primed.

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
That's a CAT pump right? It should just get pressure right away almost. When mine run dry for whatever reason it hardly takes them a few secs to get back to full pressure, maybe sometimes I open bypass a little but that's just my way. And it should be able to run dry for a while too.