No more back pain | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

No more back pain

Moosehead Pat

Jun 17, 2015
Real Name
Patrick Goetz
Like many of you guys, especially those of us who run portys have probably experienced back pain of some sort. Im no different.

About 10 months ago, I started lifting heavy weights at the gym. I wanted to get away from doing so much cardio and bulk up over the winter. After figuring out routines that worked for me i noticed one thing right away.

As soon as i started doing deadlifts, my back pain was friggin GONE! Seems counterintuitive to go ahead and lift 200+ lbs with your back to ease the pain but ill be damned. The stronger my deads got, the better my back has felt. If you enjoy lifting, try some deadlifts, google proper form and start light. Hope this helps!

Nutech

Nov 25, 2014
Real Name
Kirk walters
I got into Crossfit 2 years ago and feeling great. Max deadlift is 325lbs. Not bad for 52 years old. Stay strong.

Mar 23, 2012
Surprise Arizona
Real Name
Ty 212
Business Location
United States
Like many of you guys, especially those of us who run portys have probably experienced back pain of some sort. Im no different.

About 10 months ago, I started lifting heavy weights at the gym. I wanted to get away from doing so much cardio and bulk up over the winter. After figuring out routines that worked for me i noticed one thing right away.

As soon as i started doing deadlifts, my back pain was friggin GONE! Seems counterintuitive to go ahead and lift 200+ lbs with your back to ease the pain but ill be damned. The stronger my deads got, the better my back has felt. If you enjoy lifting, try some deadlifts, google proper form and start light. Hope this helps!

Hmm....ill have to try that

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Haven't had a single pill in 3 months. Hardly even take tylenol
That's great! Every time I see someone with a bad injury like that I know it won't be easy getting off if they'd been eating em like candy. Those boogers will grab ya....been there done that n ain't going bad...prefer my all natural meds

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Hard to put my finger on exactly what works for me because there's several things I do. First and foremost, I watch what I eat which keeps me close to 200 lbs. (6' tall 50 years old)
I consistently take vitamin C and fish oil.
I'd imagine that a big thing is that I work out every morning. Weights and biking alternately.
In my 30's, my back always hurt and I lifted heavy.
My workouts now are high reps, low weight and zero rest between sets.
Add to that, I train live Jiu-Jitsu with guys half my age whenever I can.
Really tests my flexibility.
Whatever you do, I think that the best thing is to eat clean and keep moving

Nutech

Nov 25, 2014
Real Name
Kirk walters
I would also say a big help in keeping our bodies healthier is drinking plenty of water. A gallon a day is a good goal to strive for.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Don't forget stretches. I have 3 I do that saved my back from the needle for 2 years. Here's a vid. not the ones I use but these would work fine. I couldn't walk when I started these. At the end of my rope basically. Didn't want to get another shot. I was getting them closer and closer together.

I lay on my back with arms straight out palms down. Turn chin to touch one shoulder then knees up and touching, let them fall opposite way your head is pointing. That's my favorite. when you get used to it your knees will hit the ground no problem. And it will start to actually feel good. do each direction.

http://www.spine-health.com/video/hamstring-exercises-low-back-pain-relief-video

Moosehead Pat

Jun 17, 2015
Real Name
Patrick Goetz
Don't forget stretches. I have 3 I do that saved my back from the needle for 2 years. Here's a vid. not the ones I use but these would work fine. I couldn't walk when I started these. At the end of my rope basically. Didn't want to get another shot. I was getting them closer and closer together.

I lay on my back with arms straight out palms down. Turn chin to touch one shoulder then knees up and touching, let them fall opposite way your head is pointing. That's my favorite. when you get used to it your knees will hit the ground no problem. And it will start to actually feel good. do each direction.

http://www.spine-health.com/video/hamstring-exercises-low-back-pain-relief-video
When my back was messed up i did this stretch a lot.

Moosehead Pat

Jun 17, 2015
Real Name
Patrick Goetz
Usually ill ride the mountain bike every morning during the week. We have some reaaaaly steep hills and its a good opportunity to push hard. Ill have to post pics of my bike, im in love with it.

Depending on the work day, i try to finish before 5 30 so I can see the kids and read them books before bed. Then my buddy will text me and we go lift.

Www.toughmountain.com

Running this next month so ive been training pretty hard.

Not drinking during the week, eating super clean all that good stuff. At 6ft3, being too skinny sucks. Im at a good weight now and feel really strong.