No heat on 4.8 cds | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

No heat on 4.8 cds

Cat 3

Dec 19, 2014
Real Name
Kevin West
It used to get lukewarm and now it just stays cold weather it’s on regular or salsa no heat at all. I just bought the machine he used and I don’t have much history to it. I’m thinking it might need a new heat exchanger or I was also thinking about putting a propane heater in instead but maybe it’s as easy as descaling the system? Any help would be appreciated

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
It used to get lukewarm and now it just stays cold weather it’s on regular or salsa no heat at all. I just bought the machine he used and I don’t have much history to it. I’m thinking it might need a new heat exchanger or I was also thinking about putting a propane heater in instead but maybe it’s as easy as descaling the system? Any help would be appreciated
You could call Hydra Master and see what they say?
Descaling will help with the heat. Try removing QD at machine to see if there is a build up inside the pipe. If the HXT is bad it will usually leak. Could also be a sensor, if your waste tank fills up fast then this will be your problem. You can turn on the machine with water hooked up open lid and see if water is being by passed (machine only needs to be on idle). Hope this helps.

Cat 3

Dec 19, 2014
Real Name
Kevin West
You could call Hydra Master and see what they say?
Descaling will help with the heat. Try removing QD at machine to see if there is a build up inside the pipe. If the HXT is bad it will usually leak. Could also be a sensor, if your waste tank fills up fast then this will be your problem. You can turn on the machine with water hooked up open lid and see if water is being by passed (machine only needs to be on idle). Hope this helps.

Yes this helps. Thank you.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Is the HX hot/warm to the touch with machine running? No temp rise when machine is under load? Lift tank lid like John suggested to make sure bypass isn't constantly dumping your hot water.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Make sure that your coolant valve is in heat. It may sound dumb but have you checked your coolant level in the radiator itself.