No finish left, dirty VCT | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

No finish left, dirty VCT

NBM

May 24, 2015
Real Name
NBM
I'm doing my first strip and refinish this weekend and I posted a thread about it. Anyways I went to go pick up the key today and the manager and showed me another small (maybe 5'x8') bathroom they'd also like stripped and refinished.

This bathroom has been there from before they moved in and remodeled the building. Theres either none, or very little finish left on the VCT, but overall it's in decent shape...just has a few very dirty spots. Would I do this bathroom the same way as a normal strip and wax since theres hardly (or no) finish on the floor? 175 floor machine with black pad and stripper solution, or should i approach it some other way? Thanks!

Last edited:

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
I'm doing my first strip and refinish this weekend and I posted a thread about it. Anyways I went to go pick up the key today and the manager and showed me another small (maybe 5'x8') bathroom they'd also like stripped and refinished.

This bathroom has been there from before they moved in and remodeled the building. Theres either none, or very little finish left on the VCT, but overall it's in decent shape...just has a few dirty spots. Would I do this bathroom the same way as the others? 175 floor machine with black pad and stripper solution, or should i approach it some other way? Thanks!

Yes sir !! Good advice you got in your other thread . Make sure you bag up those pads good and don't let the stripper drip all over the other flooring . Good Luck and welcome to the forum !!
All the Best, Ed

Reflections138

Nov 21, 2014
East Texas
Real Name
Jacob Simpson
Business Location
United States

This bathroom has been there from before they moved in and remodeled the building. Theres either none, or very little finish left on the VCT, but overall it's in decent shape...just has a few very dirty spots. Would I do this bathroom the same way as a normal strip and wax since theres hardly (or no) finish on the floor? 175 floor machine with black pad and stripper solution, or should i approach it some other way? Thanks!

Yes treat it like a regular strip job. Never assume there is little to no wax until you test it with stripper. When I first started I ran into a floor I thought had little to no wax. Come to find out, the previous people kept adding wax over a dirty floor. I literally had to scrape the floor 5 times over to get it all. Now I can strip it in about 2 hrs.