No calls

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Our phone has died. We got maybe 3 jobs next week. I predicted this a few weeks ago and joined a construction crew so I'm still working during the week and scheduling my cleanings on the weekend.
Pa just fkd us. No nothing is allowed. Well you can buy beer, go to the supermarket if you have money and they might have food. Homecenters can be open but residential and commercial construction must stop. Bullsht azz flu smdh.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Pa just fkd us. No nothing is allowed. Well you can buy beer, go to the supermarket if you have money and they might have food. Homecenters can be open but residential and commercial construction must stop. Bullsht azz flu smdh.
Actually no, you can still work.

look at the list of needed occupations....we are covered under 2 categories.

Now getting customers to call is another matter.

If you get a dog or grandpa just pooped on the carpets, you go to work. YOu are a required service. Flood, mold or other issues including home maintenance, appliance maintenance, sanitization service all good to go for work.

Keep your head on swivel and look for opportunities...........they will pop up when and where you least expect...

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

If you get a dog or grandpa just pooped on the carpets, you go to work. YOu are a required service. Flood, mold or other issues including home maintenance, appliance maintenance, sanitization service all good to go for work.

Keep your head on swivel and look for opportunities...........they will pop up when and where you least expect...
I stopped cleaning. I only do a few customers that ive kept after dropping cleaning. Im mostly contracting or what falls under the last category. My income is primarily in specialy trades last on the list. The job im on now is straight up construction of a new home. My uncle needs to meet settlement date and he got diagnosed with cancer on thanksgiving. Hes beat up from the treatments but is still working. So im helping his guy out. Flooring warehouse is closed. We're trying to get rolls out of nj. Hopefully. Or this house wont be done. I might be able to get the roll tomorrow. If not then im sht outta luck.

But if someone calls for cleaning then im going. If they're coughing then im not going in lol.
Screenshot_20200319-223420_Drive.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: MikeGaure

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

I will pass this along to a maintenance guy i know. He was worried about this. He's got 4 water heaters to install and that falls under maintenance. Plus thats my scrap metal.
Restretching is building maintenance. And i have some of those on the back burner. I'll have to get them rolling.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I stopped cleaning. I only do a few customers that ive kept after dropping cleaning. Im mostly contracting or what falls under the last category. My income is primarily in specialy trades last on the list. The job im on now is straight up construction of a new home. My uncle needs to meet settlement date and he got diagnosed with cancer on thanksgiving. Hes beat up from the treatments but is still working. So im helping his guy out. Flooring warehouse is closed. We're trying to get rolls out of nj. Hopefully. Or this house wont be done. I might be able to get the roll tomorrow. If not then im sht outta luck.

But if someone calls for cleaning then im going. If they're coughing then im not going in lol.
View attachment 90180

This is getting to full potato mode

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Worried bout recon side. I can buy materials now n bulk but it would tie up cash flow if govt shuts down construction I’d rather have cash than materials that are sitting in danger of theft

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
This is getting to full potato mode
Definitely is. But spazz pointed something out. "Maintenance" Im going to use it. Theres a fine line between maintenance and improvements. And im going to do my best staggering drunk walk right down that line. stores like lowes and depot are to remain open thankfully.

Im wishing you luck out your way. They already got us here.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Seems like St. Louis is on the verge of a full shutdown anyways. Wouldn't surprise me if this isn't my last day of work. Oh well - we have enough cash to pay company bills for the next 9 months, hopefully it doesn't go THAT long.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Seems like St. Louis is on the verge of a full shutdown anyways. Wouldn't surprise me if this isn't my last day of work. Oh well - we have enough cash to pay company bills for the next 9 months, hopefully it doesn't go THAT long.
Republicans are fighting it here. Governor completely blindsided businesses with this bs. And if you aren't on social media then you didnt get the news. So we are calling his bluff and working. I see mostly all independent contractors working today. Large development projects have stopped though. For now anyway lol. Come monday im sure they'll be back out again.

Last edited:

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Republicans are fighting it here. Governor completely blindsided businesses with this bs. And if you aren't on social media then you didnt get the news. So we are calling his bluff and working. I see mostly all independent contractors working today. Large development projects have stopped though. For now anyway lol. Come monday im sure they'll be back out again.
Ill work till my president tells me not to!!