Nissan NV 2500 Install | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Nissan NV 2500 Install

Cleanups

Oct 2, 2015
Real Name
Justin Houde
It seemed like fun when everyone else was doing it... So here it goes...

2013 Nissan NV 2500 HD SV
and a Sapphire 570 (They ordered me an 870 but it wouldn't fit... so 570 is it.)

Pictures and progress will be posted as I go. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Cleanups

Oct 2, 2015
Real Name
Justin Houde
Insulation on the walls and ceiling.
Line-X on the floor and a foot up on the walls.
Next is to put the boards back on the walls.
20151204_104504.jpg
20151204_104508.jpg
20151204_104511.jpg

Cleanups

Oct 2, 2015
Real Name
Justin Houde
Install date for equipment is set for December 14 & 15.

Equipment to be installed:
-Sapphire 570 w/ 90 Gal Waste Tank
-Automatic Waste Pumpout
-100 Gallon Saddle Tank
-Reel Innovations Triangle Setup (Special Coated the Silver that the bottom half of the machine is)

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Nice brother!!!

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
I'm surprised the 870 wouldn't fit, thought the nissans were a tad wider. Have you seen how tight it is in Nomads Chevy?

Cleanups

Oct 2, 2015
Real Name
Justin Houde
I'm surprised the 870 wouldn't fit, thought the nissans were a tad wider. Have you seen how tight it is in Nomads Chevy?
No, I haven't seen Nomads Chevy, I'm pretty new here. Well... Super new.

However, it wasn't the width that didn't work. It was the length. (From what I remember) It was the waste tank that didn't fit between the driver seat and wheel well. Without customizing the waste tank to void warranty, there wasn't much we could do.

On that note, anyone have any experience with the 570 they would like to share?

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

However, it wasn't the width that didn't work. It was the length. (From what I remember) It was the waste tank that didn't fit between the driver seat and wheel well. Without customizing the waste tank to void warranty, there wasn't much we could do.

Sweet setup. Love the built in back up camera. I should got the built instead of rear view mirror model.
From what others have said the 570 is a great unit!

And welcome to TMF!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Sweet setup. Love the built in back up camera. I should got the built instead of rear view mirror model.
From what others have said the 570 is a great unit!

And welcome to TMF!
Just drive in reverse Rob..auto back Up Cam!

Reactions: Gasoline

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States

Can't think of anyone off the top of my head that has one. @Nomad74 do you know?

Cleanups

Oct 2, 2015
Real Name
Justin Houde
Thanks, @Rob Allen

I noticed you have two Nissan setups. Any tips you have to offer from the process of getting them set up? What year were your trucks?

I picked this one up from a dealership. It was their parts vehicle, but looked brand new and only had like 10k miles on it.

Also, were you able to get copies of the no-drill zones for them? If so do you have a contact # for someone that I can call. Every single person at every dealership I can contact hasn't been able to get me the no-drill zones for the 2013.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Thanks, @Rob Allen

I noticed you have two Nissan setups. Any tips you have to offer from the process of getting them set up? What year were your trucks?

I picked this one up from a dealership. It was their parts vehicle, but looked brand new and only had like 10k miles on it.

Also, were you able to get copies of the no-drill zones for them? If so do you have a contact # for someone that I can call. Every single person at every dealership I can contact hasn't been able to get me the no-drill zones for the 2013.
I'm not aware of any no drill zones. Of course avoid the gas tank and fill neck area. And have you seen my video on how I set up the first Nissan van with El D in it?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I am 70% through with editing a video on the newest Nissan I set up. When I finish Ill post it and hope it helps you some. We can exchange ideas. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Blazer GT

Cleanups

Oct 2, 2015
Real Name
Justin Houde
@Rob Allen That would be great. Looking forward to seeing the new video.

Only bummer so far I think, is that the submount tank wouldn't fit. Would have been too tall for the van.

Our van should be ready today sometime, will stop in and see the final tomorrow.

Until than, here are some more pictures.

They have the waste tank in, fuel lines and 570 up and running, Water tank in and they were currently installing the AWP when I last stopped in.

Large reel was still in box, but snuck a preview of one of the smaller reels. Color almost perfectly matches the silver on the 570.
IMG_7556-2.jpg
IMG_7557-1.jpg
IMG_7559-2.jpg
IMG_7560.jpg
IMG_7561.jpg
IMG_7562.jpg

Reactions: Blazer GT

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Looking great! That is. Bummer about the belly tank. Is that a Nissan issue? My Legend with belly tank fit easily

Cleanups

Oct 2, 2015
Real Name
Justin Houde
Looking great! That is. Bummer about the belly tank. Is that a Nissan issue? My Legend with belly tank fit easily
The 570 with the surmount tank was too tall. Didn't fit the height of the regular roof NV.

Cleanups

Oct 2, 2015
Real Name
Justin Houde
Little late posting these... As the van has been driven across the country and is back home. Since we haven't cleaned anything with the machine yet, I can't give you any sort of a review. But what I can tell you is that after driving the van for a few days. I highly recommend the Nissans. With all the weight, it doesn't feel even a bit of it. Tons of power. Drives smooth and like a breeze. Feels like you are driving a family mini van.

A picture of it with the hose reels in. We requested a special powder coating to match them to the silver on the 570. As the blue is the prochem color. I like the way they turned out.

Only problem with the hose reels is that the mounting brackets from reel innovations for the top reel didn't fit our NV. So we are currently fabricating some new mounting brackets to get the reel installed.

Attachments

Reactions: owenscott