Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Comes with a PIPE???:rolleyes: I get it ..when you lose prime.Stuff pipe w/herb..inhale/exhale repeat 10 times then try to Prime IT!:eek::D
Guess I was fooked , never got a pipe with my porty . Maybe it is because it doesn't ever need primed ?? Did get some papers tho.:D

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Guess I was fooked , never got a pipe with my porty . Maybe it is because it doesn't ever need primed ?? Did get some papers tho.:D
I never got a pipe or a user manual. I bought it brand new too.

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
guy wants help to solve a problem not listen to someone bash his porty

Who is bashing his porty, Troyster? If you are referring to me, grow up and stop your B$. Didn't expect that from you.

best;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.
Maybe you should have a huff off Aloha's pipe and chill bro!! It might get you PRIMED!

Reactions: wuznmee

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
You most likely have a leak in the water inlet to the pump, causing it to lose prime and suck air. The usual culprit is the plastic fitting at the pump itself.
Could also be a Leak in his Brain sucking air?:rolleyes::p

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
I was working at a job. Every time I pulled the trigger my PSI went from 400 to 0. I can clean the carpet without a PSI, but these were thicker and very dirty carpets. I would have liked to have some PSI. Any of you Porty Guys run into this issue? Bad Water Pump? Thanks.
How old is your machine and what model pump do you have. I hate to disagree with the experts here but I don't think this is a priming issue. Usually when a pump is not priming you will have no psi showing on your gauge at all. My guess it needs to be rebuilt. Either Pumptec or the new Cat pump are both pretty easy to rebuild. One here said to check the regular. That's a good idea. It could be as simple as that. If you need some help call Nathan at Mytee on Monday. This is not a Mytee machine but he'll help you anyway. The number is 858-679-1191. He gets in at 8:30 pacific time.

Feb 21, 2015
Real Name
Stephen Proulx
I'm hoping I just need to prime the pump. I'll try that when I get home. Thanks for the advice.
I just bought a warrior 500 psi and I got similar issue machine bought 2 months ago used 5 times when pump not in use gauge says psi 650 when wand trigger pulled drops to 200, any thoughts guys

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I just bought a warrior 500 psi and I got similar issue machine bought 2 months ago used 5 times when pump not in use gauge says psi 650 when wand trigger pulled drops to 200, any thoughts guys
gauge is put on the output side of the pump so when you trigger the pump it drops totally normal if it was put on the regulator side of the pump it would only be activated when the trigger was pulled.
So basically on a portable is normal to have pressure drop

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
You may have air trapped in the line. Or your jets are too big? Too many or worn out for the flow of the pump.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
When my old Powr Flite has a dramatic decrease in pump pressure it was because of air in the pump as John just said. Just bleed 30 seconds or so and the issue always goes away.