Ninja Warrior Century 400 PSI issues

chad9229

Jul 25, 2014
I was working at a job. Every time I pulled the trigger my PSI went from 400 to 0. I can clean the carpet without a PSI, but these were thicker and very dirty carpets. I would have liked to have some PSI. Any of you Porty Guys run into this issue? Bad Water Pump? Thanks.

jazonfire

Jan 27, 2012
NC
Real Name
jason huntley
Business Location
United States
Try to rebuilding the regulator first

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
Pristine is right about air in your pump! Your Ninja Warrior comes with a priming hose! Try priming it! Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Reactions: chad9229

Tom Ingram

Premium VIP
Jan 17, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Tom Ingram
Business Location
United States
I had the same unit when I started. It lost prime fairly often. Keep the short hose with you. Fyi, Cobbs sells a motor upgrade for your portable. You'll get about 40% more power. I think it's about 400.00...

Reactions: aloha one

chad9229

Jul 25, 2014
I'm hoping I just need to prime the pump. I'll try that when I get home. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Troyster

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Sometimes it takes a while to prime. Turn off the machine and release pressure then turn on machine check pressure. Repeat till pressure is steady.

Reactions: Troyster

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Check and clean all the filters feeding the pump starting with the one at the bottom of the fresh tank, and open her up to see if there is another in-line water filter located somewhere between the freshy and the pump.

Not familiar with the Warriors, but I know Mytees have a secondary in-line filter with a smaller micron screen than the in-tank one.

Reactions: aloha one

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Just a comment here.

This thread reminded me of the fact that Portables should not really have these sort of problems, if they are engineered and designed properly. That is the key here because this situation (in the majority of cases) occurs more in generic systems. Not knocking any machine or brand here, however, the Operator deserves better than this.
In regards to pressure (the number stated by manufacturers), maintaining pressures (worn pumps not included here), all depends largely on the horse power; and capacitors; one, or two, or none.

That old over used and sometimes abused saying that "all portables are alike" only puts that above to shame because they are not, period!

Big difference here!

best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
guy wants help to solve a problem not listen to someone bash his porty

Who is bashing his porty, Troyster? If you are referring to me, grow up and stop your B$. Didn't expect that from you.

best;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
You most likely have a leak in the water inlet to the pump, causing it to lose prime and suck air. The usual culprit is the plastic fitting at the pump itself.

Reactions: Rick Imby

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I have Bhla, blah, 400 blah, blah, lost psi, blah, blah, I need balh, blah, help, blah blah, can you help.

I can help... get off you lazy ass and tell what port you have, what motor you have on the pump, what pump head you have, and the age of system, the make or model # and your address and bank acct #....and password.
Damn Bro...Get Down on Yo BAD SELF!:eek: