personaluse

Nov 18, 2009
Youngstown, Ohio
Real Name
Ron Redlich
Business Location
United States
Hi All,

I'm looking for a portable extractor with heat. The ninja warrior 500 psi with heat, two stage vac was suggested to me as well as the pwer-flite pfx 1385max with 500 psi with perfect heat plus. I'm not in the commercial carpet cleaning business. This is for my home use as well as cleaning a few of my business showrooms. I have 7 cats and they are constanly vomiting onto the carpet. There is approximately 6000 square ft. to be cleaned at home and 8000 ft. of showroom space. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
Hi All,

I'm looking for a portable extractor with heat. The ninja warrior 500 psi with heat, two stage vac was suggested to me as well as the pwer-flite pfx 1385max with 500 psi with perfect heat plus. I'm not in the commercial carpet cleaning business. This is for my home use as well as cleaning a few of my business showrooms. I have 7 cats and they are constanly vomiting onto the carpet. There is approximately 6000 square ft. to be cleaned at home and 8000 ft. of showroom space. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ron
Ron;

Based on feedback on this machine from my customers I would recommend you not make this purchase. The 2 stage vacs in parallel this machine contains do not have enough power, especially for the $2000+ dollars this machine costs. A much more powerful machine, also with heat,can be purchased for less than $2000 would be the Mytee 1003DX. It can be purchased from Rotovac at the following link:

Tell them Ken sent you

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanew

Nov 17, 2009
seaford
Real Name
shane ward
Business Location
United States
I have a Ninja 200 psi and i love it.I clean alot of rental properties and it works great.Plenty of heat and vaccuum.I also use a Rotovac 360.I got everything from Rotovac and they talked me into the Ninja over the Mytee.

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
I have a Ninja 200 psi and i love it.I clean alot of rental properties and it works great.Plenty of heat and vaccuum.I also use a Rotovac 360.I got everything from Rotovac and they talked me into the Ninja over the Mytee.
The regular Ninja with it's motors in series was good and is good.

It is the new machine that is not very strong. 2 stage motors in parallel only develope 110" lift. compare that to the 142 to 148" lift you get from the 1003 and 1005DX machines. There is no comparisan.And the Mytee machines usually cost $300 less than the Century machines. I sell the Century machine, but if I were to buy one, it would be the Mytee machine. It simply delivers more value for the money IMO.:bigsmiley:

gregcole

Sep 2, 2009
Real Name
Greg Cole
Business Location
United States
I bought 3 Ninjas yesterday.500psi w/ heat. Jon DOn had em with heat on sale for $1850 per.

Steve Jr.

Oct 21, 2008
Brookville, Ohio
Real Name
Steve Aponyi
Business Location
United States
We have an older ninja 200 psi with heat does real well on apts, most of the time I'll use it versus run 300 feet of house on apts

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
I bought 3 Ninjas yesterday.500psi w/ heat. Jon DOn had em with heat on sale for $1850 per.

It is a great deal for you Greg.:bigsmiley:

When those machines first came out most dealers for that machine were asking $2222 for it. The fact that sales have been slow at those higher prices is the reason you are seeing the discounting taking place now IMO.:AddEmoticons04233:

personaluse

Nov 18, 2009
Youngstown, Ohio
Real Name
Ron Redlich
Business Location
United States
Thank you for responding to my questions. I really appreciate the input. I will definitely pass on the power-flite blackmax and I'm still not sure which unit to go with. If there are any other units that I should consider, taking into account pressure, suction and heat, please let me know. Price is not necessarily an issue, but quality is.

Thanks again.

Ron

Steve Jr.

Oct 21, 2008
Brookville, Ohio
Real Name
Steve Aponyi
Business Location
United States
I have never used one but I have read alot on TMF about the cross american recoil xps, maybe Rickie will put his input in here I'm real sure he has a few he uses daily.

Suzukiman99

Nov 15, 2009
Nashville
Real Name
Travis Myers
Business Location
United States
I have the Powr-flite machine you are refering to. Even with using separate 20a circuits it still trips breakers quite a lot. Sometimes it takes a while for the pump to actually come on after i flip the switch. I have to flip it 5 to 10 times usually. I dont know if this is normal because my use with portables is limited and I'm just getting started, but even with the pressure set at 500 I am only getting 300 with the trigger pulled. I am using powr-flites 3 jet wonder wand which i like but I have no idea if that is part of the pressure issue. I will say, when it works it cleans great though lol.

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
www.rickiefontenotsjanitorialservices.com
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
Actually if he is on a budget it would probably better suiting to hire out cleaning. But if you are in the need for something small very portable that can easily be used with big cleaning power; Check out this;

http://cross-american.com/product_info.php?products_id=6

http://cross-american.com/product_info.php?products_id=37

http://www.steam-brite.com/store/steambrite-volcano-2000-line-water-2000-watt-heater-p-192.html

The great thing about these 2 machines is they can be used seperately or combined to create a very powerful modular machine. Haven't used this heater yet; but I have heard from a friend that it rocks; just ensure you turn it off before water is shutoff.

Willy P

Oct 3, 2008
North Vancouver, B.C.
Real Name
Willy Parsons
RUN FAST AND HARD FROM THE NEW NINJA

I just bought out another business and it came with a newer 500 psi ninja warrior with dual 3 stage vacs.
My list of beefs and poorly thought out design issues:

1- The pump, unless it's choked down to a 2 flow drops over 200 psi when keyed open. Optimum factory setting is 350 psi. So much for the 500 psi rating.
2- No splash deflector in the recovery tank. There's always a small puddle of water that gets blown through the vac motors. I've been told the vacs are off shore manufactured and don't last.
3- The drain valve is so stupidly designed, I have to chuckle every time I use it. The valve handle hits the top of the tank and you can't put a spigot on it if you roll it in the truck on it's back.
4-VERY awkward design. You can't lift the stupid thing.
5-Too wide. If Mrs. Piffleton has any furniture in a hall, you can't get around it.
6- No auto dump or fill.

I've found a buyer for this and I'll be buying another Recoil in the spring.

The sales pitch talks about going over hill and dale , consulting with the industry before coming up with this canard. I highly doubt that was the case.:mad::mad::mad:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I would turn up the hot water heater for the home and business, 150 - 180 is not too bad for heat. Remember to turn it down.
Dont buy the electric heaters on a portable, not to much benefits for the cost and problems you may have.

Buy some good chemical products like a pre spray cleaner and rinse.

Larry Cobb

Mar 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Larry Cobb
Ron;

I think you should look at the Mytee Breeze extractor.

I would recommend the two 3-stage vac system over the heater.

As Greg stated, in-machine electric heaters are very limited in their ability.

Extra vac power is a great boost to everyday cleaning.

A high-pressure pump will complete the package and also give some grout cleaning ability.

Breeze Portable Extractor

Larry

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Interested in the Volcano heater. Anyone have any experience with it? Would like to hear you're thoughts?

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
Hi Ron, I have the Blackmax you were considering. Burned first machine up, because the pump motor was overheating. there is no cooling fan in this machine which makes it an oven on the inside pump compartment. powr flight quickly sent new replacement, only to overheat and shut down again. There is a thermal shut off on the pump in this machine so it will not have a meltdown. Thier solution to the problem was to put 12 volt pump in with rectifier, I passed on this. I got a .3 amp fan, bored a 3'' hole on back of machine , put a piece of rubber between housings and mounted the fan so it blew fresh air on the pump. I have not encountered this shutdown problem since, and have been running this machine for 2 years with no problems other than tripping a breaker once in a while. I worked for Steamatic in the 80's and thier machines trip breakers also. It seems to me that most of these high powered portys have the chance to do this, hence some macines with triple blowers will not have heat or they sacrifice one thing for another to keep these things from drawing to many amps.
I've been getting awesome results with this machine and yes I still trip breakers once in a while. You can't always go by the dual circut locater, some 20 amp breakers have two switches on them and will show the same circut. I have cleaned whole houses on these circuts and run all DAY and have not tripped breaker.
As far as pump pressures, you have to make sure that the unit is primed , pressures act funny like hesitation on the pump gauge. and yes the pressure drops when valve is triggered. You are opening a pressured system so yes the pressure will drop when system is opened . When running a rotovac I see big drops in pressure do to alot of solution being pumped, I'm running 6 jets with this unit. I see hardly any fluctuations when I use stair tools or upholstery tools .
Good luck with your choice of machinery, If I had to make the choice again I'd probably look into a recoil or get a truckmount. Suction on this machine is very good , I can't use a freedom detail tool ( one that shoots solution out of vac slot) because the solution will hardly come out do to the suction pulling it back in before it ever came out to fabrics even when bypass for vac was fully opened. Well thats my experience with this unit.

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
I heard a few here say they don't like the Ninja Warrior . Problems with a vaccum motors some say.. I use the old classic Ninja they still sell for years with no porblems ...