Nikro line | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Nikro line

hma1972

Jul 28, 2015
Real Name
Carl Grey
Have been contemplating entering the duct cleaning market for many years. I think I am finally ready to pull the trigger but I'm just not sure what system to go with. I have been looking at the mid-level Nikro systems and they seem to be powerful enough to at least be able to do a serviceable job on most systems. It doesn't seem that the truck mount adaptable systems and rotobrush have enough power to really do a complete job.

Anyone have the Nikro machines? How do you like them? How about the air-care or Rotobrush? Should I just empty my life savings and get a caddy vac and do it right? Thanks

Reactions: ronman

tres

Mar 3, 2015
Real Name
tres davis
Nikro system is the most well rounded. It's enough cfm to do the job. It's also convenient/portable enough to get into most anywhere.
The truckmount systems are all pretty much a joke.

Reactions: ronman and CCWorks

tres

Mar 3, 2015
Real Name
tres davis
We originally bought ram air. Used it for a while. After we figured out what we were actually trying to do, realized all of the shortcomings.

Switched to the nikro system and always do negative pressure to trunk line/plenum now.

There are just so many IAQ issues in hvac systems it's better for everyone (including your liability) to use a neg pressure hepa system

At least half the calls that we get for duct cleaning have some mold issue in there....

ServproRob

Jul 17, 2017
Real Name
Robby Crawford
Been using the nikro system for a good long time now and best bang for the buck IMO.
very easy system to get into places and get the job done. Very simple to work on and maintain. I have thought about other systems and ways to do this job but Nikro is the way to go.

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
Nikro system is the most well rounded. It's enough cfm to do the job. It's also convenient/portable enough to get into most anywhere.
The truckmount systems are all pretty much a joke.
Why do you say the truckmount systems are a joke?
What are the shortcomings?

Kenny Wright

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Real Name
Kenny Wright
Business Location
United States
I can't imagine why you would say that truckmount systems are a joke.

Jun

Mar 27, 2014
Real Name
John Rasing
I’ve used rotobrush, Ram air and Nikro. I use rotobrush and rotobrush if I cannot hook up my nikro due to tight spaces around Furnace.

Adam K

Jul 6, 2017
Real Name
Adam Khalil
Check out hypervac.com they have really good equipment. Don’t buy aircare products. They sell you a bunch of stuff and 90% of it you don’t ever use. You really need a good negative air machine, nikro or hypervac and a good gas powered air compressor. It least 175 psi