Nextdoor app

ToddBenne

Sep 7, 2008
O' fallon, MO.
Real Name
Todd Benne
It is my understanding that in order to message a group, a neighborhood participating in the Nextdoor.com program, you yourself have to be a resident of said subdivision. This is verified by Nextdoor. You cannot go out to Nextdoor and start messaging neighborhoods offering carpet cleaning. It is basically a neighborhood Facebook type of thing.

You can create a free business listing with your typical information that will be displayed to residents of various neighborhoods. Once you get a referral or review your listing then becomes live to other surrounding subdivisions in the program.

You could signup as a homeowner in your subdivision's Nextdoor page if they have such and introduce yourself and company. And of course promote yourself should a neighbor ask about carpet cleaning. But as a company, they restrict your actions.

I have gotten two jobs in the last six months off it.

Reactions: Dafloorman

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
In high density neighborhoods it can be great if you belong to that one. Where I live you'd be lucky to get 2 jobs a month, just not enough people on the app for my area.

I have a good friend who makes a living off it in his high population neighborhood with his handyman service. He would starve in my neighborhood.

Jimbo Williams

May 11, 2009
NC
precisionsteamcleaning.com
Real Name
Jim Williams
Business Location
United States
I get quite a few jobs from it. I have 8 customers who have recommended me so whenever someone searches for a carpet cleaner, I come up if the person searching is within 10 miles of my customer who recommended me. By default you only see other peoples post who live in a 10 mile radius of you. You can also create a business page with pictures and tell a little about your services.

Reactions: Scott Kaun

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Lol i had no idea what it was. My wife put me on there and didnt tell me. So i had customers calling me saying they got my number from next door. Im thinking nextdoor like neighbor lol. But yes i get work off of there too.

Reactions: Scott W
Oct 10, 2022
www.tileandgroutcleaningpros.com
Real Name
Joseph Melo
heres a hint from a 40 year veteran. DONT SPEND MONEY ON ADVERTISING. some will work, most wont.
I use mainly Facebook ads. That in addition to proper website seo and Google My Business is where most of my calls come from. What do you recommend? Ive been in the field for 26 years but one year as a full time business owner. Ive tied EDDM but broke even.