Newbie! What equipment would you recommend for a starter?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Newbie! What equipment would you recommend for a starter??

Rayyates22

Oct 24, 2019
Real Name
Ray Yates
Hey guys I’ve been struggling to figure out what machine to buy. I only can afford a portable. So I’ve heard Mytee are good machines. I was thinking the 2002CS heated. Any other brands or anyone selling their portable I can scoop for cheap?? Thanks

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Not a portable. If you cant afford a small used truckmount I doubt you can afford the advertising and education necessary to succeed. If you do have the work, and the know how or live in a city with tons of high rises for portable use then I'd recomend the new mytee escape light or vortex or whatever they call it. There are about a million threads on here of people asking the same question so I would search.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If old me now could knock sense into a younger me with today's chems and equipment... I would attack massive commercial jobs with a cimex and face to face marketing. After a couple years of grinding it out and stashing stacks of cash, I'd buy a butler or a cleanco free and clear and run 2 shifts making money 16 hours a day, stay small, keep limited liability and expand slow and steady.

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial