New Westpak Titanium and Prochem Titanium comparison

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Prochem Titanium and New Westpak Titanium.
Nothing Scientific....just in one of the garages with some dirty carpet samples,.
Prespray only, no prevac, no agitation....just the family getting together.

What we found in our fun
1) the Westpak titanium is a bit shorter and maybe a bit heavier than the Prochem (we did not weigh them, just going by feel)

2) We had Hybrid glides on both, the Prochem had a newer glide.

3) The Prochem had six 11002 Jets for 12 flow, the Westpak has 4 jets and we had 11002 jets in for 8 flow.

4) We found the height from the bottom of the jets to the floor (or carpet) to be about the same in distance which was right around 1 inch to the hard surface floor. The Prochem had 1 inch check valve extenders and the Westpak had half inch extenders .

5) We would have liked to have tried 11003 jets in the Westpak as it might have had some streaking or distortion with the .02 jets and we think the impact from .03 jest (and 12 flow) would have helped it. We did not have .03 jets to test (but we did have beer!)

6) We were running a High Heat Butler on high setting with 25 feet of 2.5 inch hose, to 50 feet of 2 inch hose. Water pressure was at 500 PSI which has been a sweet spot for our Butlers and current wand set ups. That pressure might have been a little high for the Westpak on some carpet, but again, the .03 jets could help (or dialing down the pressure).

The Westpak Titanium is a good wand for the price and it will come down to preference and price point for some.
Keep in mind, if taller, the Westpak might be a bit short for you, but could be comfortable for many.

I use the Prochem Titanium all the time and did not find the switch back and forth really noticeable.

Again, no science involved here….Just some fun and trying to find some sweet spots for the new Westpak….

Here is that Youtube video we did cleaning with them

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue"!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Very good work Mark. Always nice to have a video accompanying comparisons. Have a few questions;

• Why do you prefer hybrid glides instead of slotted?
  • Is the Westpak 14" as compared to the PC Ti at 13 1/4"?
  • Does the Westpak cover the dead spot better than the PC that tends to leave a dry area? (Between 2 center jets)
  • Did you find your Butler holding better heat with the Westpak 4 jet vs PC Ti 6 jet?
  • Which one feels more "ergonomic"?
  • Is the Titanium on the Westpak the same gauge or thicker? (PC bends out of round very easily)
  • Is the Westpak manifold as sturdy as the PC Ti?
  • Have you tried both with no glides to see which one is harder to push? (This would determine CFM comparison)
  • If you had to go out and clean right now which wand would you take & why?

Thanks for sharing.

Rob

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Rob,

I have to run to do a job right now (so over booked and a last minute have to have it now because the house goes on the market tomorrow) and when I get a chance, I will definitely answer those questions. Also, we have our grandsons birthday party in our shop today due to inclement weather, so I might be a bit busy until this afternoon.

Great questions I will try to answer.

Mark

Reactions: rob allen

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Rob, the Prochem has a weak spot in the middle, where it misses or does not spray water down as hard as the other areas within the wand?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob, the Prochem has a weak spot in the middle, where it misses or does not spray water down as hard as the other areas within the wand?
It does but jet extenders and wider º fan jets help greatly.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

TConway

Premium VIP
Oct 28, 2009
Redding,Ca.
www.simplycleancarpetredding.com
Real Name
Thomas Conway
Business Location
United States
Mark
Looking at the two wands. The manifolds on both wands look to be about the same length. Mark do you think by looking at them both would it be possible to drill and tap the manifolds on the WP TI to accept a center jet....turning it into a 6 jetter?
Or do you think the tac weld is in the way?
If this is possible the WP could be set up with 95,95 110 110 95 95 or maybe 85 vs 95 ?
The reason I say this is the 95 or 85 would give a little better impact on the carpet fibers vs the 110 jets?
Just a small change could give the wand a completely different cleaning level??

Reactions: Mark Saiger

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
What do u guys think of wonders products custom built wands I'm in the process of upgraded our wands for our two trucks with 36 blowers like the wands saiger showed but would they work for me boxer 318 prochem legend

TConway

Premium VIP
Oct 28, 2009
Redding,Ca.
www.simplycleancarpetredding.com
Real Name
Thomas Conway
Business Location
United States
What do u guys think of wonders products custom built wands I'm in the process of upgraded our wands for our two trucks with 36 blowers like the wands saiger showed but would they work for me boxer 318 prochem legend
I think they are probably a good wand, I know he went with that design due to tube height for his hsk as it allows the best adjustment of it.
I have been working using another wand and testing it... I will look no further for another wand unless I go to a PC Ti. does the High Shear Kit really work??? It has its place I will not say one way or the other you will have to do your own review on it.
I think they are going to be a good wand and they will work good on your Tm's but...that is not the real issue the issue is dealing with the person that sells them, if you are in good standings with him by all means I don't think you can go wrong with them. But there are other wands that perform very well, and in a few more weeks I will be able to give some more input on a wand I am using right now that is doing a very good job at a very affordable price.
But it is kinda a mute point as even if the wonders wands were # 1 on the market only a few cleaners can buy them due to the owner and his ways.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I just bought that prochem ti knock off and is one of the best wands I have used and paid $400 for it.. I love the sight window on the head.

I was looking at that wand this week as a matter of fact. That guy should really put his prices up on his web-site. Doesn't make any sense to me that he doesn't show hardly any prices for his wands. He's losing business doing that I can pretty much guarantee.