New website and SEO | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New website and SEO

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning Marketing' started by 50 carpet cleaner, Sep 4, 2016.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. 50 carpet cleaner

50 carpet cleaner Active Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Male
    Police Officer/Carpet Cleaner
    NC
    Ratings:
    +218 / 0 / -0
    I built my own website and it is pretty basic and looks like I did it myself :( Should I pay someone to make a great looking website for me and do SEO? I was looking at Joe Burnich, has anyone had him do a website or SEO for them? How much should I be looking at to spend on SEO and how long does it take to start seeing some type of results? As of now I may get 3 people a year that contact me from google. "Pretty Pitiful".

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,721 / 84 / -0
    Post a link of the site you built, also where are you located and so we can see how you rank compared to others

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +10,013 / 45 / -0
    Use www.cleanerdesigns.com to make you a website.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. philadelphiacarpetcleaningpros

Jun 14, 2016
    Female
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

If you post a link to your website, I would be more than happy to give you pointers. Also, I luckily worked FT at an SEO company before quitting to focus on my true passion, and my husband and I started this business.

Also, there are a lot of factors of SEO and how quickly it would take.

- content
    - target location and population
    - mobile optimization
    - citations (basically every directory online)
    - backlinks and link building
    - and probably the biggest #1 thing is if you're going to pay for SEO make sure they know what their doing and doing "white hat" stuff, nothing that would penalize you.

If you want, email me and we can talk and I'd be more than happy to help you out and give you ideas. Email me at localmarketingsolutionsinfo@gmail.com - I would give you my carpet cleaning one but it gets bombarded with a lot of messages and if you want the help I don't want you to have to wait.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kai Jones

Kai Jones New Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Philidephiacarpetcleaningpros. I am in the same boat looking to get more out of my website. Someone helped me recently.... but could you take a look at mine? I will follow up with the email you have listed above.

Take a look at www.carpetcleanersavannah.com. Thanks

6. the rugman

the rugman Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Male
    CLEANING FOOL!
    Warwick, NY
    Ratings:
    +1,577 / 3 / -0
    Not a wordpress site? Looks good. You are way down the serps - like #69 for carpet cleaning Savannah.
    Your images aren't named well (looks like they are creative commons images?). Buy some or take some and name them correctly.
    I couldn't find any keywords when looking at your code.
    You need to interlink your pages as well.
    What - if any SEO have you done or had done?

7. philadelphiacarpetcleaningpros

Jun 14, 2016
    Female
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Just saw this message now, some feedback, but not sure if you'll see it as you don't seem active on this forum.

- Website is nicely done.
    - Good content on the home page
    - Good call to actions on the home page and multiple times.

Back end stuff, not so good:

- Semrush is showing 455 total backlinks with 4 reffering domains. Looks like you were link building. Getting a whole bunch of links pointed to your site so quickly is a red flag, and definitely doesn't look natural.

You added close to 90 in January, 200 almost in February. This tactic is not good and will not help your rankings. While they are all "FOLLOW" doing this method this quick will get you slapped in Googles eyes. Your anchor texts used are also for your exact matches which doesn't look natural, you want to switch it up when you link build with different anchors:

website
    visit website
    carpet cleaning
    carpet cleaners
    carpet cleaning in savannah ga
    http://www.carpetcleanersavannah.com/
    www.carpetcleanersavannah.com

Some of this may be over your head as I'm not sure if you did the links or paid someone but good luck :)