new wand help

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Ok so i'm wanting a new wand. I use a boxxer 318 TM. I've been using a basic 2 inch 2 jet wand for like the last 3 years. Its one i got from tony dang.

It works fine i'm just wanting something new. I don't want a swivel wand or a titanium wand or a wand with anymore then 3 jets. nothing fancy as i'm not looking to spend even $1000 I do want a 2 inch though and not a 1.5

Generally speaking Whats a wand anyway. Its just a tube with spray jets and a vacuum port for the most part.
some will say they get better dry times with one wand over another wand, isn't the machine your wands connected to important too, isn't your cleaning technique important, isn't doing dry strokes important

Does the wand you use make you a better cleaner or is it more your cleaning skills

Educate me

Reactions: chipcline

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Little bit of all of the above in my opinion. Theres some cheap ass wands out there not saying a guy needs to spend 1500 on a wand but its a tool i dont mind spending a bit on....my guys can tear up an anvil with a tickle feather so i want something well built good welds, designed well, etc....i like the titanium wands simply for weight reduction of course my guys do a lot of production cleaning so this might not be as necessary for an o/o doing residential but still lighter is easier on the back. A well designed wand speaking of airflow and a smooth interface from slot to tube helps with dry times less dry strokes needed to recover what your putting down and your not constantly digging crap out of the head due to a poor design. Just my two pennies on the subject brother.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Little bit of all of the above in my opinion. Theres some cheap ass wands out there not saying a guy needs to spend 1500 on a wand but its a tool i dont mind spending a bit on....my guys can tear up an anvil with a tickle feather so i want something well built good welds, designed well, etc....i like the titanium wands simply for weight reduction of course my guys do a lot of production cleaning so this might not be as necessary for an o/o doing residential but still lighter is easier on the back. A well designed wand speaking of airflow and a smooth interface from slot to tube helps with dry times less dry strokes needed to recover what your putting down and your not constantly digging crap out of the head due to a poor design. Just my two pennies on the subject brother.
Thanks for the feedback, you are correct. But for me as an O/O i do everything myself, I don't have to worry about how my guys treat/handle stuff as there are no "guys" its just me and I treat and take care of all my equipment very good. But I still don't want some cheap ass wand either, but i also don't need to spend $1500 on a wand either.
Just looking for that happy middle ground.

Feb 3, 2021
www.hilbrandscarpetcare.com
Real Name
John Hilbrands
When my carpet cleaning wand was getting old I noticed the carpet opening was closed more then it used to be I used a screwdriver and opened it up a bit then the next week it was back like it was closed up again. The stainless had gotten weak. I got a new one off ebay and it was really nice I might have lucked out though I checked the picture its length and the type of trigger and matched my old one. The only issue was the wand tips I was using a 11003 tip and the new one was 11002 and seemed like not enough water flow so I switched them. I really prefer the 11003 tips and a 2 inch stainless steel 2 jet Kingston high pressure valve wand. the 2 inch adds some weight so it chatters less on bumpy Berber. Some people like a hard pressure other more water flow so jet size matters construction matters as well but my welds are perfect and its held up for many years.