New Wand Help

TWalters

Jun 22, 2018
Real Name
Tristen Walters
I’m currently looking for a new wand. I have a 18 hp truckmount with a 36 blower, so not a ton of suction. I’m using the 2 jet 1.5” wand that was given to me with it, and I can’t stand it. I don’t think I’m getting full suction out of it, and I don’t like only having 2 jets. I’m looking for a 4 jet (or more) wand. But I’m hoping to get some advice here. Is there a noticeable difference in 1.5” vs 2”? Also, what is the difference between stainless steel and titanium? I just turned 20, and am new to the business so I’m hoping to not spend a ton of money on one, but I also don’t care to pay for a quality product. I was looking at the TMF Revolution, but I was hoping to find one with a sight window. Any recommendations or advice is greatly appreciated, as I am still learning.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
There are a lot of steps between a Revolution and where you are but everyone is short of your eventual goal of having the mother of all wands. The two biggest points on equipment you can make is your TM and your wand. So little attention is given to the wand and it is the point of contact of the most importance.

If you have the funds or can borrow the funds take the leap and get the wand of your dreams NOW. I'm not saying which one to get but get the best one for you and that my young friend is your decision.

At one time Jon Don would let a guy try a wand for 30 days then return it if he hated it and wanted to try something else. Call them and see if that's available. Or call Rob and ask him if he'll match that offer.

P.S. There is a sizable difference between a 1.5" and a 2" wand and even a #36 blower will have enough power to show you that.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I’m currently looking for a new wand. I have a 18 hp truckmount with a 36 blower, so not a ton of suction. I’m using the 2 jet 1.5” wand that was given to me with it, and I can’t stand it. I don’t think I’m getting full suction out of it, and I don’t like only having 2 jets. I’m looking for a 4 jet (or more) wand. But I’m hoping to get some advice here. Is there a noticeable difference in 1.5” vs 2”? Also, what is the difference between stainless steel and titanium? I just turned 20, and am new to the business so I’m hoping to not spend a ton of money on one, but I also don’t care to pay for a quality product. I was looking at the TMF Revolution, but I was hoping to find one with a sight window. Any recommendations or advice is greatly appreciated, as I am still learning.
C'mon, you're 20, you can do it with a straw...
Remember, 2 jets, 1.5" wands are not created equally. There are plenty to choose from and you might be surprised to pay $600. Your 18/36 set up is in good shape?
It may not be a wand you looking for. Tell us more, do you have numbers for cfm/lift, is your pressure fine? How often do you clean check valves on your wand ( if any), what about filter after QD on the wand( if any), what are your numbers on jets( 11002, 11003) All that is important for you to know to determine the next step. Are you tall, short ? What size if the wand are you currently using? It's not a rocket science. Precisely, it is carpet industry science. Good luck huntin' and welcome to the forum, rookie. @ AZ Home, you're off the hook, haha..

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Be sure to spend some time with the Hydro-Force swivel wand. I love that wand for regular use and especially for getting under beds and other low furniture, getting behind doors and into corners. The swivel works so well. Good flushing action. Comfortable length for me or even someone a little taller.

Price is reasonable at $689.

Most Interlink Supply locations and many distributors that carry Hydro-Force have one you can try out in the store. https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=1603-3348

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
You should be getting a decent amount of suction. You may not be holding your wand at the correct angle. If you are pushing your wand with no resistance then maybe you should play with different angles when pushing and pulling your wand. You want to make that seal to the ground with your wand. Make sure the head of your wand isn't clogged. Make sure your vacuum hose isn't clogged and that the connections linking hoses together are tight. Also make sure your waste tank is sealed properly. Don't use more vacuum hose than you need. Those are just a few things to consider first.

TWalters

Jun 22, 2018
Real Name
Tristen Walters
C'mon, you're 20, you can do it with a straw...
Remember, 2 jets, 1.5" wands are not created equally. There are plenty to choose from and you might be surprised to pay $600. Your 18/36 set up is in good shape?
It may not be a wand you looking for. Tell us more, do you have numbers for cfm/lift, is your pressure fine? How often do you clean check valves on your wand ( if any), what about filter after QD on the wand( if any), what are your numbers on jets( 11002, 11003) All that is important for you to know to determine the next step. Are you tall, short ? What size if the wand are you currently using? It's not a rocket science. Precisely, it is carpet industry science. Good luck huntin' and welcome to the forum, rookie. @ AZ Home, you're off the hook, haha..
Lol not sure why but I was never shown that anyone replied to this thread. I don't have any numbers for cfm, vacuum gauge normally shows 9-10 during normal operation, relief is set at 14. Pressure is fine, i normally clean check valves every 1-2 weeks, and filters in the QDs at the same time. The jets are 9502. My main concern isn't vacuum, but I think the jets may be the problem. Should I be running 11002 or similar? When I'm cleaning now, I see 2 clear paths where the jets are striking harder than the rest of the pass. I'm only using 8" or so of the 12" head.

TWalters

Jun 22, 2018
Real Name
Tristen Walters
You should be getting a decent amount of suction. You may not be holding your wand at the correct angle. If you are pushing your wand with no resistance then maybe you should play with different angles when pushing and pulling your wand. You want to make that seal to the ground with your wand. Make sure the head of your wand isn't clogged. Make sure your vacuum hose isn't clogged and that the connections linking hoses together are tight. Also make sure your waste tank is sealed properly. Don't use more vacuum hose than you need. Those are just a few things to consider first.
I actually discovered a bad crack in the waste tank. We took the trailer that I use apart, and found the waste tank had a bad crack which was causing me to lose a bit of suction. Fixed that, and also found that some of the vacuum hose connections weren't sealed so I fixed that. The blower was also only spinning at 3200 RPM, so I turned that up and I am getting much better suction now.

Reactions: Luky and Sir James

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Lol not sure why but I was never shown that anyone replied to this thread. I don't have any numbers for cfm, vacuum gauge normally shows 9-10 during normal operation, relief is set at 14. Pressure is fine, i normally clean check valves every 1-2 weeks, and filters in the QDs at the same time. The jets are 9502. My main concern isn't vacuum, but I think the jets may be the problem. Should I be running 11002 or similar? When I'm cleaning now, I see 2 clear paths where the jets are striking harder than the rest of the pass. I'm only using 8" or so of the 12" head.
I'm glad that you figured out how to improve suction. I would also recommend to inspect each section( 50 ') of the
vacuum hoses. I learned that with older hoses, they can develop cut, puncture or similar issue, but you might not know about it, because this particular section is your first 50' to the door and as hose curves, you're not being able see cut or hear seeping air. Sometimes it can be right under your nose and you won't see it. So, from time to time, check every section visually and listen for loss of air, while hose is attached to a vacuum port.
Now, we need to address the jets. I believe that 9502 jets would be more popular oprion if you had a 4 or 6 jetter wand. The reason you might feel that the whole width of your wand is not being utilized , lays most likely in spray pattern created be 95° spray of your jets. Jets are relatively cheap, invest to a SS jets, go with wider 11003 and you'll be all right. Not only spray pattern gets wider( 110°), but because of higher flow (03) you'll gain some heat also, compare to your existing 02 flow. When you decide to replace jets, turn them very slightly inside, towards the wall of the wand. This way all water will be confined inside the walls of the wand . That is not as important, in case that you have a fully enclosed wand.
If, for some reason, you'll have problem to decipher my mumbo jumbo, ask again and we'll get there sooner or later. No more cracks in the waste tank !

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
How is the heat generated, HX or other?

If you increase the jet size, there is a possibility that the heat will drop because of the increased flow.

See if you still have good enough heat with larger jets.

TWalters

Jun 22, 2018
Real Name
Tristen Walters
How is the heat generated, HX or other?

If you increase the jet size, there is a possibility that the heat will drop because of the increased flow.

See if you still have good enough heat with larger jets.
Heat is generated by a Little Giant heater, so I wouldn't think that heat loss would be a worry

Reactions: Bob Savage

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
couple of months ago i bought the limited tmf wand in blue color that is priced for about $1400, i have used it about 5-6 times, i am willing to sell it for $950 plus shipping and duty charges if there is any. i am selling it because it is tall wand probably the same height as your current wand and i am 5.7 tall which makes hard for me to work with.

here look through here and view the blue color, if you are interested please le me know i can post some pics. what state are you in

Latest posts