New VCT Strip, Clean, Seal, Wax

RON X

Jan 25, 2012
Arizona
Real Name
Ron Cummings
Business Location
United States
I haven't done this in many years, but I have to bid it out. What is the going Price per SF to clean and seal, wax new VCT?

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
It would really depend on your market. What’s relevant in one area may not be in yours. Where you located?

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
New VCT usually requires 6 coats of wax to be fully protected plus a scrub and mop so depending on the size I would at least plan for around 8 hours, I know you want per foot but for jobs like this I like to base my price off of materials/time/difficulty. A new tile wax job is going to be cheaper than 15 coats of old wax I have to strip off.

RON X

Jan 25, 2012
Arizona
Real Name
Ron Cummings
Business Location
United States
New VCT usually requires 6 coats of wax to be fully protected plus a scrub and mop so depending on the size I would at least plan for around 8 hours, I know you want per foot but for jobs like this I like to base my price off of materials/time/difficulty. A new tile wax job is going to be cheaper than 15 coats of old wax I have to strip off.
Great, Thanks. The Job is in a New Hotel, and it's 1968 Sf of New VCT, I bid .50 a SF so if it takes me 8 hours, I will Make Less than My 120.00 Per hour I need. You win Some you lose some. I also have the carpet and sealing of the grout on new tile, so I can make it up in that end. Thanks Guys.