New Toy kneeless kicker | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New Toy kneeless kicker

Richard Davis

Aug 28, 2016
Real Name
Richard Davis
It's a great tool, use it with power stretcher or the mini instead of a kicker, works best with the mini to hold in the bunch while I release the mini. Transition repair it's a must instead of kicker. Re-seaming on concrete sub where can't use stay nails I love it. It is the ultimate assist tool for me. The kicker only comes out for loose stairs, but..... the kneeless is golden on those diagonal wrinkles on steps.

Robert Olinger

Premium VIP
Apr 18, 2015
Real Name
Robert O
I have had one of these for 5 years now. I do so many Wet corners and used to bang my knees up bad with a kicker, and the carpet would bounce back before i could tuck it in. I'd end up having to sub an installer after a restoration job. With lots of practice, I can install whole rooms with this little guy, and if I need more stretch, I use a 8 foot 2x4 and have my guy stand on it and i can stretch bubbles out from the middle of rooms. I just picked up another one for the 2nd van because we were always sharing the old one. And I feared this guy may go out of business some day. He's in Canada. I think this has been my most profitable tool, and I don't think it will ever break. The one thing I do to protect the Spikes is to use 6 blue foam blocks.

Robert Olinger

Premium VIP
Apr 18, 2015
Real Name
Robert O
If you leave the foam blocks on the back end, you can use a 2x4 butted up against the back and work bubbles from the middle

KwikDri

Feb 3, 2018
Idaho Falls
Real Name
Jason Perkins
Business Location
United States
That Triforce Model 7 looks interesting. I would prefer that one over the kneeless option. Has anyone here used one to give feedback?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Wish I could get this thing to work like in the vids!
I have the tri force, but I have enjoyed the use of it. I think its awesome, Except for a horrible experience in the purchasing...after actually...not sure if im should say it...

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
That Triforce Model 7 looks interesting. I would prefer that one over the kneeless option. Has anyone here used one to give feedback?
Works very, very well.

I really like the design of stretching in three directions.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
That looks cool. Where did you buy kneeless kicker?
I think that for the same basic idea but far less and built by Roberts you could go with

And its a lot less (ebay)

Or Tri force Mini max

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Personally I prefer the Tri Force, I feel the three direction stretch is a better stretcher down side its bulkier but the Roberts 10-128 Carpet Seam Repair Mini Stretcher is lower in cost and can get the job done but only stretches in one direction. Even though I have the tri Force (and Love it) Id still like to have the Robert 10-128 mini

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Oooooooooo interesting. That may do it. I was like big deal. But then i saw it hold down carpet before release. That may do if they rig it so i can stand up.
This is similar to the behr claw I dont really like the idea of carrying a compressor

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
I have the tri force, but I have enjoyed the use of it. I think its awesome, Except for a horrible experience in the purchasing...after actually...not sure if im should say it...
No matter how many times I try I can never get this thing to work like this! I had a job last week - 3 flights up. Would hve been perfect. Ended up carrying 2 boxes of power stretcher stuff up!

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
No matter how many times I try I can never get this thing to work like this! I had a job last week - 3 flights up. Would hve been perfect. Ended up carrying 2 boxes of power stretcher stuff up!
the more I use the knee less kick the more I like it , I don't see a lot of difference in either of them.... I did a whole house today with the kneeless in under two hours... you have to just use it so you can get a rhythm going.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Hey....If you're happy with it and your customers are happy, that's all that matters. Like I said, I would have to use one to see for myself and to change my perceived belief.
It just looks like it's doing more harm than good.
6 months later, I can stretch carpet faster with the kneeless kicker than with a knee kicker.. and its a better stretch i believe.. its great at stretching an area up to put in a door seam... So far im impressed.... but I was skeptical as hell at first...

Reactions: KwikDri

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
I’d really love a live video of how this works on a real job. I have a power stretcher and it sucks hooking it all up. Please show us

Reactions: KwikDri

the rugman

Feb 11, 2006
Warwick, NY
Real Name
Bob Cairns
Business Location
United States
I pretty much use my mini jack for the most part. The issue it that you have to spend time screwing the tackles down into the cheap ass floors. I thought the Tri-Force would be a great tool for quick re-stretches. Not so much - at least for me! Seems to push wrinkles backwards and leave them there??

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I pretty much use my mini jack for the most part. The issue it that you have to spend time screwing the tackles down into the cheap ass floors. I thought the Tri-Force would be a great tool for quick re-stretches. Not so much - at least for me! Seems to push wrinkles backwards and leave them there??
Use underlay nails instead of screws. Faster, cheaper and you probably already have a hammer inside with you. So no need to carry a screw gun. Screws are getting to be out of control. 1lb 6.50 vs 1lb nail at 4.50 plus they're just faster then screw guns.

I utilize both the pole and the crab. This way I only need to carry in about 2 poles + the quick adjust pole. This moves the bulk of the weight of the carpet through half the length. Then the crab can pull it from there. Plus it also allows you to do the smaller width without needing to disassemble the poles. As we know restretching is about constantly changing directions (working backwards) whereas new install is pretty straight forward.

Reactions: MikeGaure

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Sorry to hear this happen to you

Its easier when someone teaches you how to use it
Jerry Valentine taught me how to use his, then I went to buy it because It worked very good and fast. At first I was intimidated by it but Im Glad Jerry took the time to teach me how to use it

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
the more I use the knee less kick the more I like it , I don't see a lot of difference in either of them.... I did a whole house today with the kneeless in under two hours... you have to just use it so you can get a rhythm going.
Tri Force is nothing like the Knee less kicker. I was curious about it but when a local cleaner showed me how to use the tri force I was convinced, and bought one

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I dont know if youre in california But I wouldnt mind showing you how to use it.