jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
If you watch the videos it pretty much shows how it works,,, I have done one stretch with it and I have to say it was really easy to use and did the job !! So far after one job im impressed and I didn't have to use the regular knee kicker at all

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
$399? But I bought my entire power stretcher, 18feet of poles and case for less than $300 (brand new, roberts) smh
Where? I’ve looked and can’t find one under $600.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
If this is how he actually installs carpet, then it's reasons like this why folks have buckled carpets. (and I had so many re-stretches) I would have to fire him because he is installing incorrectly.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Can’t adjust teeth depth? Have fun with that one
I was thinking the same thing. But I also think this tool falls way short in regards to getting a proper stretch. Maybe it has a better purpose, but I can't think of one other than it MIGHT save your knees a little bit. Clearly it limits the stretch by a lot. And that's going to cause carpets to buckle in no time.

I would have to use one to be proven otherwise.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
I'm not diggin' it.
My thoughts too. It only stretches between the two heads. No way for it to pull the carpet from one side to the other; which is what is required for a proper stretch.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Todd get homedepot app. You click “more”
then click tool rental. Scroll down to buy used tools
can usually find used carpet installation tools for sale at surrounding homedepots. Whether or not its a good deal. You can go to store and beat them up on the price.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
My thoughts too. It only stretches between the two heads. No way for it to pull the carpet from one side to the other; which is what is required for a proper stretch.
Now if that head sat in the middle of the room and you went around i could understand that one but you’d almost need too over tighten to get middle snugged

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Idk ill keep the pole stretcher. Its heavy yeah. But it moves anything i want it to. And if you get head close enough to base. Theres no need to kick. Stretch, tuck, release, move. The problem with knee pain is crawling around like the knuckle draggers we are. Not the kicking.

Make a stretcher that i can stand up and use and tucking tool from standing position that works. And im all ears. The guy in video did nothing to save the back and knee pain he was having. Ive been at it over 20 years and my pains come from crawling around. Not kicking. Knee caps wobbling around on knee pads. Booting the carpet with my foot to drag into position. Carrying the carpet up steps hunched over because of the damn chandeliers. Thats what causes pain. Pounding carpet in by kicker. Thats self inflicted pain lol. And judging by how he installed in video. He was a kicker only guy.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Idk ill keep the pole stretcher. Its heavy yeah. But it moves anything i want it to. And if you get head close enough to base. Theres no need to kick. Stretch, tuck, release, move. The problem with knee pain is crawling around like the knuckle draggers we are. Not the kicking.

Make a stretcher that i can stand up and use and tucking tool from standing position that works. And im all ears. The guy in video did nothing to save the back and knee pain he was having. Ive been at it over 20 years and my pains come from crawling around. Not kicking. Knee caps wobbling around on knee pads. Booting the carpet with my foot to drag into position. Carrying the carpet up steps hunched over because of the damn chandeliers. Thats what causes pain. Pounding carpet in by kicker. Thats self inflicted pain lol. And judging by how he installed in video. He was a kicker only guy.
my old roberts master and poles prob weighs 150lbs lol still has old steel case. do you use knee pads on carpet?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
my old roberts master and poles prob weighs 150lbs lol still has old steel case. do you use knee pads on carpet?
Nah once i begin stretching i take them off. I will put them back on to cut/tuck when finished though. I only just begun doing that.

Yeah i have an old junior in steel case. I leave box on truck and carry parts in. I figure how many poles i need and grab them. If too short. The mini crab will drag the rest of the slack from front of pole stretchers head.

Im looking for a ratcheting head now. We had one but it walked away on a job.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Nah once i begin stretching i take them off. I will put them back on to cut/tuck when finished though. I only just begun doing that.

Yeah i have an old junior in steel case. I leave box on truck and carry parts in. I figure how many poles i need and grab them. If too short. The mini crab will drag the rest of the slack from front of pole stretchers head.

Im looking for a ratcheting head now. We had one but it walked away on a job.
i get there and keep them on till completely finished seems to really make a difference when crawling around.

keeps things in place while moving. illhurtifi dontuse em