New to the Truckmount Game | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New to the Truckmount Game

MoreCredible

Sep 22, 2020
Real Name
Sterling Gould
I am a dry cleaner who purchased our biggest competitor who had a carpet/tile cleaning service on the side. They were using Host products & machines (dry process) for cleaning carpet, and scrubbing grout lines with brushes and a scrubber for the topical tile. I purchased a King Cobra 1200 unit as an upgrade to doing that, but we're getting a good amount of work (dry cleaning will always be our main business) and I'm getting tired of moving the Cobra around and working around the wires. So we're finally purchasing a truck mount.

I have two sellers nearby that have vans with truck mounts already installed, but they're not much to look at. They want $7700 and $6500. I have another seller with a truck mount that has dual wand capability (Fox 8500D) and has ~1400 hours of use. Apparently it does need some maintenance. One of the heat exchanges needs a new housing unit, some of the wires need to be replaced, and perhaps the high pressure pump too. I would have to get it installed and it looks like I'm going with a trailer that I can hitch onto the back of one of our dry cleaning vans. To get it installed, buy the trailer, buy the mount, I'm probably looking at ~$11,500.

My question is, do I really want to spend this much for dual wand capability? Are the hours of the machine that important? Or should I purchase something already installed, despite it being pretty beat up equipment, just so I can start working now?

Thanks for your time.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Fox 8500s are good machines, prob run forever once you got all the neglect fixed its definitely a machine worth fixing if the price reflects the neglect

Reactions: Calgary Hog

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Honestly we don't dual wand, and on a big enough job we just end up taking two mounts as its much faster. Granted I've never had a "true dual wand" machine, in my opinion you need the 4 cylinder truck mount engines to have enough power for true dual wand efficiency.

MoreCredible

Sep 22, 2020
Real Name
Sterling Gould
Appreciate the quick replys! I think what I will do is when I can afford it and get enough business, I’ll convince my dad that it’s time to buy brand new equipment and get something I really want instead of Frankenstein-ing everything. I really do want the Fox but it seems like too much work to get going and I’ve got business coming in right now. I’ll settle for the other vans and just get new equipment in a year or so!

Reactions: SRD

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I started with HOST products in 1981. My question to you is, with the cost of material these days, how can you make a profit? The money you spend on product can easily make a new TM/Van setup payment and you will be extremely more efficient.

Then theres the question of cleanability. Id never go back to using HOST or any other dry absorbent compound after seeing what a TM can do. Yes I still use the HOST machine for agitation because that is the key to getting carpet clean.

Then theres the question of Racine Industries itself. Parts and materials are backlogged. Not sure the reason but I had to wait 4 months for a standard machine part and heard other cleaners are having problems too.

Reactions: Kxp

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I started with HOST products in 1981. My question to you is, with the cost of material these days, how can you make a profit? The money you spend on product can easily make a new TM/Van setup payment and you will be extremely more efficient.

Then theres the question of cleanability. Id never go back to using HOST or any other dry absorbent compound after seeing what a TM can do. Yes I still use the HOST machine for agitation because that is the key to getting carpet clean.

Then theres the question of Racine Industries itself. Parts and materials are backlogged. Not sure the reason but I had to wait 4 months for a standard machine part and heard other cleaners are having problems too.
Brushes won’t b in production till March • so said the factory rep

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I am a dry cleaner who purchased our biggest competitor who had a carpet/tile cleaning service on the side. They were using Host products & machines (dry process) for cleaning carpet, and scrubbing grout lines with brushes and a scrubber for the topical tile. I purchased a King Cobra 1200 unit as an upgrade to doing that, but we're getting a good amount of work (dry cleaning will always be our main business) and I'm getting tired of moving the Cobra around and working around the wires. So we're finally purchasing a truck mount.

I have two sellers nearby that have vans with truck mounts already installed, but they're not much to look at. They want $7700 and $6500. I have another seller with a truck mount that has dual wand capability (Fox 8500D) and has ~1400 hours of use. Apparently it does need some maintenance. One of the heat exchanges needs a new housing unit, some of the wires need to be replaced, and perhaps the high pressure pump too. I would have to get it installed and it looks like I'm going with a trailer that I can hitch onto the back of one of our dry cleaning vans. To get it installed, buy the trailer, buy the mount, I'm probably looking at ~$11,500.

My question is, do I really want to spend this much for dual wand capability? Are the hours of the machine that important? Or should I purchase something already installed, despite it being pretty beat up equipment, just so I can start working now?

Thanks for your time.
We’d be interested in how everything turned out for your truckmount / van search.