New to the industry and need advice

squareone

May 9, 2012
OK
Real Name
TR Kanuch
Business Location
United States
We are a startup company and are struggling with getting our grout and tile as clean as we had hoped. Have a truckmount system with lots of heat and presure with a turbo, but we are still seeing dirt in the grout. Anyone willing to offer up a chemical and or process education for a newbie?

Thanks in advance we have really enjoyed the site so far.

fred3655

Oct 2, 2011
Texas
Real Name
Luis Paulet
Business Location
United States
There's enough education on this website to earn a Master's Degree in tile & grout. Just have to search a little.

Good luck on your business. I learned a lot just being on this site.

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
Let the chemical dwell you are probably being to impatient, anyways any degreaser or high alkaline cleaner should work fine. Maybe try a little agitation also. If all else fails use some acid...

T

TheEyeball

We are a startup company and are struggling with getting our grout and tile as clean as we had hoped. Have a truckmount system with lots of heat and presure with a turbo, but we are still seeing dirt in the grout. Anyone willing to offer up a chemical and or process education for a newbie?

Thanks in advance we have really enjoyed the site so far.

Can you describe your process and what chemicals you use?

squareone

May 9, 2012
OK
Real Name
TR Kanuch
Business Location
United States
We are using master's touch tile and grout cleaner (came with the business) pretreating at about 1/3 chem 2/3 water in a gallon container. Letting it sit for 10 to 15 minutes making sure it stays wet. Then using a turbo implement at around 2300 psi conected to a truck mount system with a 26hp koler motor at around 220 degrees of heat.

Nov 21, 2011
FL
Real Name
Oleg Dmitriyev
Business Location
United States
We are using master's touch tile and grout cleaner (came with the business) pretreating at about 1/3 chem 2/3 water in a gallon container. Letting it sit for 10 to 15 minutes making sure it stays wet. Then using a turbo implement at around 2300 psi conected to a truck mount system with a 26hp koler motor at around 220 degrees of heat.
2300 PSI is way too high, some houses have softer grout than others and it will blow out some of the grout on top making an angry customer. We use 700-800 PSI with about 220 degrees water temp

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
I use Viper venom or shorebest 2790, I do not scub anything. Put it down , let it dwell, gekko and turbo the area, done deal like new!

Be careful with the pressure, you'll blow out grout like stated above. Even 1200 psi can be quite a bit of pressure.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Don't go over 1200psi, I like tmf's tile and grout cleaner, make sure that water is as hot as you can get it, and agitate, then let dwell for another 10-15 min, and you might have to agitate while you are cleaning, so keep the tool handy. By the way, what are using to agitate with? Make sure you have a specific grout agitating brush, don't worry about agitating the tile.

Beyond Maids inc.

Dec 20, 2008
Lindenhurst New York
www.beyondmaids.com
Real Name
Roman Majda
Business Location
United States
Way too much pressure I also use a hurbo hybrid, start at 7-800 psi and raise if needed ( I did go high on psi at first but its not needed moat of the time and less psi means less grout damage possibility )
I have tried a few different chems and my favorite ones are peroxibright by interlink and my no1 is from this board no joke tmf tilemaster is awesome safe on all floors etc and I no longer scrub just prespray the floor then go setup (that gives 15-20 dwell) and start cleaning , I now have a little trigger sprayer with an acid cleaner and a small brush for the rare little spots that can't come out with alk so I turbo see a spot spray acis brash then go back to turbo and keep working and few minutes later come back tu turbo the spot...
The only thing I scrub is along the edges - the inch or so turbo can't reach , then when I get to the edge I tilt the turbo a little to rinse the spot( hello edger and other tools stay in the van most of the time.

Beyond Maids inc.

Dec 20, 2008
Lindenhurst New York
www.beyondmaids.com
Real Name
Roman Majda
Business Location
United States
By the way tmf tile master is a powder so even thou it might be pricey to buy its crazy economical and way cheaper then any $20 a gallon cleaner , always mix those chems in a bucket and apply with a pump sprayer- way faster and better, when you mop you mix dirty mop in clean chems and put down mix of dirt and chems...