New to industry...Please Help | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New to industry...Please Help

Killaeyez1

Apr 24, 2020
Real Name
Damian Henderson
Hey guys I'm new to this industry and recently purchased the Flood Hog bundle from MYTEE(Flood Hog-Extractor and Water Hog-Sprayer). I have two questions? 1. If I'm simply cleaning(carpet, tile, or upholstery), do I need to run one or both vacuums on the Flood Hog? 2. How can I be more efficient when cleaning and not have to refill and dump? Set both machines by a kitchen or bathroom, connect top fill hose to faucet while continuously running, leave pump out on from flood hog and leave hose in toilet or sink?
Please Help!!!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I would carry a 10-15 lb dumbell one that is coated to prevent rust and zip tie a orange plastic claw clamp to dump hose..trust me that hose will ruin you if it ever slides off the sink.

If you are running long hoses or 2- 2.5 size vacuum hoses then id use both portable and hog or ir you are doing water claw.

I dont think its necessary to run both machines all of the time unless the carpet is super trashed and dont for get to plug all machines on different circuits so the breakers dont pop

I personally do not like to run only 1 vacuum motor. why?...well moisture can get trapped and places a lot of effect on vacuum, and motors. Usually the motors are place in series, if you run the front motor only then the back motor will condense moisture and motor can fail or rust . running only 1 motor will cause a lag in vacuum and raises compartment temperatures, wires arent heavy duty (thick gauge) and could possibly melt.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
You should use two vacuum motors on carpet. On tile one may be enough. Those machines are meant to be used with auto fill and auto dump. Don’t use buckets with those machines.

Killaeyez1

Apr 24, 2020
Real Name
Damian Henderson
You should use two vacuum motors on carpet. On tile one may be enough. Those machines are meant to be used with auto fill and auto dump. Don’t use buckets with those machines.
So you’re saying I can attach the water hog to the faucet or with a water hose and and it wouldn’t over flow? Also use the pump-out switch and hose on the flood hog to keep it flowing?? If so, from your experience where’s the best place to place the pump-out(toilet, garbage disposal drain???)

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
So you’re saying I can attach the water hog to the faucet or with a water hose and and it wouldn’t over flow? Also use the pump-out switch and hose on the flood hog to keep it flowing?? If so, from your experience where’s the best place to place the pump-out(toilet, garbage disposal drain???)
Toilet or laundry sink. I never used the kitchen sink. This might gross out some customers. Plus if its a slow drain you could have a problem real quick. Toilet is best place. Just flush it first make sure it ain't clogged. Drop your hose in and close the lid on it. Put a chem bottle on the lid for good measure. If you hook up auto fill to sink. Make sure to make a drip loop in the sink. So if your connection is leaky. It dont follow the hose and drip on the floor.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Laundry rooms work great too.
The washer drain takes the pump out hose and you have hot water fill valve with a garden hose connection.
Also in the bathroom the shower head unscrews pretty easily and you can get a pipe thread to gh adapter to screw on for your fill hose.
And the toilet is close by for pump out.
Just always be careful unscrewing customers attachments, if it looks in bad shape don't touch it!

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I leave mine in the van and pump out into a tank. Customers are not accustomed to pump outs and still expect us to take the dirty water.

Reactions: Killaeyez1

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
The waterhog has a float valve which prevents it from overflowing. Think toilet handle