Gregory10

May 16, 2015
Rahway NJ
www.10bucksaroom.com
Real Name
Gregory Yunginger
Business Location
United States
Looking for Rates to Clean a Commercial Building...
They Need : 5 Bathrooms Cleaned,averaging 100 Sq ft each for 4 of them..200 Sq ft for 1 other.
Total of 8 Toilets ... 3 Urinals ... 8 Sinks... Basically Mop floors,clean all toilets/urinals/sinks,clean mirrors..I will supply all cleaning material..they stock their own paper products..

Also,1 Office 950 Square feet..Mop,take out trash,light dusting several desks...

Cafeteria ... 725 square feet..Mop...clean 2 tables..clean kitchen cabinets/counters,exterior of standard fridge...No windows...

Locker Room...Mop 225 sq feet of floor,take out trash...

They want this cleaned 3x a Week, During Normal business hours.

Anyone have a "Guesstimate" and how to charge them for the above mentioned,definitely appreciate feedback..

I have pics if needed.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I try to estimate the hours it will take to clean and charge based on my hourly rate. So from what you detailed here I'd guess 2-3 hours to clean depending on what the kitchen is like. I'd charge $100 - $150 ($50 per hour) so tops that would be $450 per week. About $1800 a month. Then add a little extra for your materials for the month.

Reactions: awratchford

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Just a few things .
1. Paper products ...... Including garbage bags ??
2. " Normal Business hours " ??? Better call your insurance broker and find out if you're covered to clean while people are in the building . Not thinking the insurance is going to like that .
3. Logistics . With people in the building you have a nightmare . People are going to vacate an office while your person cleans ??
4. Parish-supply.com has the ISSA numbers for cleaning . Just type ISSA in the search box .
Hope it helps .
All the Best, Ed

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Just a few things .
1. Paper products ...... Including garbage bags ??
2. " Normal Business hours " ??? Better call your insurance broker and find out if you're covered to clean while people are in the building . Not thinking the insurance is going to like that .
3. Logistics . With people in the building you have a nightmare . People are going to vacate an office while your person cleans ??
4. Parish-supply.com has the ISSA numbers for cleaning . Just type ISSA in the search box .
Hope it helps .
All the Best, Ed
Ooh, I missed the part about normal business hours. Add an extra hour to your cleaning time. You'll lose time trying to work around people.

I'd make sure all proper signage is provided (wet floor, restroom closed for cleaning). If you're insured for janitorial then you should be good to work weather the facility is occupied or not while you clean, but if its occupied you MUST have signage. Check the regulations for sign placement for wet floor signs too. Some people think one in the doorway is all they need, and depending on the size and layout of the room, it aint enough.

Reactions: Kron