New to Carpet cleaning. Could use someone to bounce some ideas off of | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New to Carpet cleaning. Could use someone to bounce some ideas off of

dnev

Mar 27, 2021
Real Name
Dave
Hello,

I currently own a window cleaning/ pressure washing business. I figured it would be a good idea to incorporate carpet cleaning into services offered. I am in the process of buying a new van and a Sapphire 370SS truck mount. The supplier who I purchased it from said they would show me everything to do to use it correctly. My question to any other member willing to help is really pricing/ quoting jobs.

How do you guys price carpet cleaning jobs? I need advice on quoting the following jobs: carpet, upholstery, and tile and grout. (my supplier said that the Sapphire 370SS would be very proficient at doing all of those services.

I know for windows generally I quote by the window and pressure washing I typically quote by the hour, but it also matches up pretty well with the total square footage of the job.

Would someone be willing to tell me how to quote jobs and what to charge? Any and all help/ advice would be much appreciated.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Hello,

I currently own a window cleaning/ pressure washing business. I figured it would be a good idea to incorporate carpet cleaning into services offered. I am in the process of buying a new van and a Sapphire 370SS truck mount. The supplier who I purchased it from said they would show me everything to do to use it correctly. My question to any other member willing to help is really pricing/ quoting jobs.

How do you guys price carpet cleaning jobs? I need advice on quoting the following jobs: carpet, upholstery, and tile and grout. (my supplier said that the Sapphire 370SS would be very proficient at doing all of those services.

I know for windows generally I quote by the window and pressure washing I typically quote by the hour, but it also matches up pretty well with the total square footage of the job.

Would someone be willing to tell me how to quote jobs and what to charge? Any and all help/ advice would be much appreciated.
Too many variables to give an answer.
There are tons of posts on here discussing different methods for pricing.
It varies by region, market and clientele.

dnev

Mar 27, 2021
Real Name
Dave
Yes I understand. Was just trying to get a few different opinions before I put a price on a flier. I appreciate the advice! I will continue to do some research

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Yes I understand. Was just trying to get a few different opinions before I put a price on a flier. I appreciate the advice! I will continue to do some research
Do you advertise your cleaning rates for windows and pressure washing?

dnev

Mar 27, 2021
Real Name
Dave
Do you advertise your cleaning rates for windows and pressure washing?
I do not volunteer/ advertise price. But I offer free estimates. If someone asks I tell them the standard price per window. How about you?

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
I do not volunteer/ advertise price. But I offer free estimates. If someone asks I tell them the standard price per window. How about you?
Same, so don't worry about putting a price on your carpet cleaning fliers and personally I like charging by the square ft not room, standard rates for us is .45