New style door drape/guard

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
I clean in very cold environments averaging around -26 below zero and time is pretty critical getting hoses in before freezing. Going in through a window is not always possible and having a door wedged open is pretty common.

Protecting the home from loss of heat (and in summer air conditioning and bugs) is a very important factor to being able to reassure your clients you are there to make their cleaning experience enjoyable no matter what the conditions outside. This is pretty important in our opinion.

Finding a better door drape has been a big passion of ours and we have found any little thing we can do, brings in more work for us and higher end clients.

Running a hose over a cold vinyl window sash (or even during the summer) is potential for damage. And we do protect all those surfaces we bring hoses in and over. You can check out our Facebook page linked on the front page of our website for examples.

This door seal/drape is a major improvement over all we have tried and do own in our opinion.

Any carpet cleaner that is looking to show a little more customer service and show you care about the clients home, this is just another option to help you and your over all service provided.

It works for us.....

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Reactions: Dennis Anderson

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I clean in very cold environments averaging around -26 below zero and time is pretty critical getting hoses in before freezing. Going in through a window is not always possible and having a door wedged open is pretty common.

Protecting the home from loss of heat (and in summer air conditioning and bugs) is a very important factor to being able to reassure your clients you are there to make their cleaning experience enjoyable no matter what the conditions outside. This is pretty important in our opinion.

Finding a better door drape has been a big passion of ours and we have found any little thing we can do, brings in more work for us and higher end clients.

Running a hose over a cold vinyl window sash (or even during the summer) is potential for damage. And we do protect all those surfaces we bring hoses in and over. You can check out our Facebook page linked on the front page of our website for examples.

This door seal/drape is a major improvement over all we have tried and do own in our opinion.

Any carpet cleaner that is looking to show a little more customer service and show you care about the clients home, this is just another option to help you and your over all service provided.

It works for us.....

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
So you are saying you can install that thin lil sheet in a giant open doorway faster then i can link my cuffs together shut the window and stuff a towel in it? Not dude come on.... I get that it looks fancy to people and its basically a dog and pony show but there is no way this is faster or more effective at keeping heat in then a window entry and of course you pad the window seal using common sense....this is a no brainer....how much this door seal gonna cost?

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
So you are saying you can install that thin lil sheet in a giant open doorway faster then i can link my cuffs together shut the window and stuff a towel in it? Not dude come on.... I get that it looks fancy to people and its basically a dog and pony show but there is no way this is faster or more effective at keeping heat in then a window entry and of course you pad the window seal using common sense....this is a no brainer....how much this door seal gonna cost?

John,

I'm fine with you doing it your way....and I am fine with us finding different ways to offer our services to our clients.

I am just letting other cleaners know about a product that us and our clients are enjoying having in our cleaning arsenal. Also hoping that if others are searching to solve similar problems, maybe put on "the dog and pony show" and continue to offer services that continue to impress and have clients want our type of services, here might be a solution.

I have not been able to find out the name of your business or location. Would like to know more about it if you have a link.

Thanks for the dialogue. Best to you and your business.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Ok so im supposed climb onto a hill of snow to get to the window? Now my pants and shoes are wet as well as the risk of getting injured. Its ok that you lived in NH but have you forgotten about all the snow?

I like this guys product, its more professional then a towel in the window.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
oh we throwin red x,s around? ok...:D I see your point about the snow but in reality my method works its tried and true....if you get injured tryin to pull some hoses through a ground floor window your a tool but hey what do I know...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
What if you cant get into a window? No your stuck like chuck.
if ya cant get to a window use a sheet it will be about as effective as that tarp glued to some pvc...lol... with a huge ass gap under it... in all honesty I have tried a few different door guards and it was a whole lot more trouble then it was worth.... ill take a window thanks...but in the super unlikely event I cant get to a window or there is deadly snow mound impeding my access which may kill me I think I will climb my ass back in the van and go home because carpet cleaning in these conditions is downright idiotic...:D now that being said how bout yall rest your red x finger...

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Lol dude, i hear your arguements but its not just a tarp its got springs and rolls up. Not a bad idea. I see you bash on innocent prey ALOT. Its like you lurk around the forum corners waiting to take a dump on someone lol.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
My truckmount is Soooo Big it once sucked the fur off the abominable snowman...
Lol dude, i hear your arguements but its not just a tarp its got springs and rolls up. Not a bad idea. I see you bash on innocent prey ALOT. Its like you lurk around the forum corners waiting to take a dump on someone lol.
Oh you mean how I like to destroy worthless products that cause people to waste money on crap they could do without? if thats what you mean then yeah Im here lurking just waiting to pounce...

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Hey mark, is this the final product? I know last time i spoke with you, you said hes still working onit. Will it come with the window?

@Mark Saiger

The window would have to be requested I believe.

This is the final unit as I know it. We have been "Dialing it in" even more.

I have been putting all things to the test everyday since he came to me.

I really like the wings.

I was very skeptical of the entire unit when first saw it on the internet last year.

I do like it a lot now and my customers love it a lot. My Facebook page has a lot of pics of it in use.

Some of those pics were also so Ron could see it in use as well so he could see and analyze.

https://www.facebook.com/Saigers

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I also think the flash extractor is a piece of cheaply made trash that will fall apart in about a year of regular use and that the 1.5" aw29 wand (aka the most used wand in the world) is a total POS...and its my right to express that opinion on this forum so that it may benefit someone who may otherwise waste their money on such items... Now somewhere somebody thinks their flash extractor and aw29 are just dandy and thats fine too but when they present their reasoning for liking the tool it is my duty to present the rational for my expressed disliking of said equipment...Big Whoop wanna fight about it?:D