Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Its more like 3" per sideView attachment 85395

It's probably a very simple fix, but that shouldn't be happening, period. My guess is there almost has to be a 110 degree jet on there and it's set up too high making it spray too wide. A 95 degree jet might get it fixed. Having it over spray like that would drive me nuts. If the current jet could be set lower that should also do the trick and probably be better for flushing out the heavy soils on stairs too.

Reactions: Seaside

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Ladies and gennemums, we have a volunteer.

Go ahead, Fedri - build stuff for the carpet cleaning industry, R&D it, get a control group to test it out in a few hundred scenarios, then market it, sell it, and sit back and wait for nothing but positive feedback.

:ROFLMAO:
It's just that easy. :LOL:

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Ladies and gennemums, we have a volunteer.

Go ahead, Fedri - build stuff for the carpet cleaning industry, R&D it, get a control group to test it out in a few hundred scenarios, then market it, sell it, and sit back and wait for nothing but positive feedback.

When they have built it didn't any of them at least tested it and noticed at least the over spray? Is it that hard to see these simple errors?

Reactions: Seaside

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I have the 1.5 tube, 12 head evolution wand. It is light and extracts water.
Drips a lot when discounted from solution line. Sprays jets it came with do no lay enough water down to remove spilled food that has dried on fibers.

But Over spray on open ended stair cases. :mad: That like a complaint waiting to happen, and to stop it from spraying every thing below is almost imposable.
Should have 2 jets.

Being all plastic, I would never think it would take paint off the trim.

Send it back, POS

Last edited:
Reactions: Fedri and Seaside

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I use something like this, Not much over spray. Good flow and blasts soil out of bull nose.
Even flow and high psi all along the pick up vent. All metal and I do not take paint off the trim. Easy to flip over and clean the riser / back of step.

It is a lot of work to clean steps. Hardest part of cleaning carpet. That is why 2 jets and a slash / over spray guard are most needed for a stair tool.

Stair-Detail tool

Last edited:

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I use something like this, Not much over spray. Good flow and blasts soil out of bull nose.
Even flow and high psi all along the pick up vent. All metal and I do not take pain off the trim

Stair-Detail tool

View attachment 85403
Mine is the same but a little longer and love it.

Lc17smp

Sep 19, 2019
Real Name
Larry Cole
Well after using my Evo stair wand for a couple months I am in search of a fix for it. Its puts out way to much water and too far away from the carpet to really be effective. If your cleaning dirty stairs it soaks them pretty quickly. Easy enough to change a nozzle but I feel it really needs to be much closer to the carpet. I would prefer a 2 nozzle set up spraying at a steeper angle.