admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
The new Evolution Stair Wand (buy here) has a rotationally molded head, Delrin® Glide, and is a wand designed to clean stairs and other hard to reach places. It comes with a 10" head and has a single jet. The Evolution Stair Wand is lighter and more durable than stainless steel stair wands and tools. Through laboratory testing, the Evolution Stair Wand was designed to smooth airflow and boost water recovery performance. A rotationally molded head and aircraft aluminum tube make the Evolution Stair Wand lighter than most other stair wands or tools and more durable. The Evolution Stair Wand was designed with an ergonomically angled wand tube for fatigue reduction. The laminar like airflow design improves airflow, increases extraction performance, and reduces drying time; plus leaves less residual moisture. The Delrin® glide is mounted to the rotationally molded head for airtight fit and no slippage. A brass check valve/stainless steel Inline filter with brass quick-connect prevents clogging and is easy to clean out. Finally, the glide is easy to remove for cleaning the inside of the tool out an replacing the glide.

EVO Stair Wand front 1.png

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I am in the market for a good staircase tool. I am still looking for the perfect one. Currently I have the traditional 10in and works great but something lighter with a better airflow would be better. This looks nice but I will wait for other cleaner's inputs on this one.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I love the evolution wand, But found that by sacrificing a spare 12" (it already has 2 jets) and shortening the tube works wonders! Still this might be interesting in testing to compare but at about $300 im not sure about paying that much for a stair tool:unsure:

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
It looks like a good tool but appears to have a 1/2 inch between the glide end and the head end on each side. I feel like it's going to miss the stair corners a bit too much for my liking. Idk though, I'll keep looking for more input from people.

Seaside

Nov 4, 2011
CA
Real Name
Brian Benson
Business Location
United States
Gotta give my feedback on this stair wand after using it for 2 weeks. Bought off TMF (they were great) but have some real issues with a $300 stair wand that is supposed to be a higher end tool/brand. Single jet 1st off, which was confusing to me but if it works then i dont mind. Well it oversprays 2" per side. I called Hydramaster and they told me to purchase a new smaller jet. (With shipping $16) also the handle came loose on 2nd job. Lastly the screws on edges holding glide stick out 1/32" and scrape paint off stair walls. So far not impressed with this tool. But the glide and weight are easier on your back/body.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Gotta give my feedback on this stair wand after using it for 2 weeks. Bought off TMF (they were great) but have some real issues with a $300 stair wand that is supposed to be a higher end tool/brand. Single jet 1st off, which was confusing to me but if it works then i dont mind. Well it oversprays 2" per side. I called Hydramaster and they told me to purchase a new smaller jet. (With shipping $16) also the handle came loose on 2nd job. Lastly the screws on edges holding glide stick out 1/32" and scrape paint off stair walls. So far not impressed with this tool. But the glide and weight are easier on your back/body.

One my top techs tried it out and now I can’t get it back from him. He loves it. I’ll ask him about your concerns today.

Reactions: Seaside

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Why these manufacturers can't do things properly?

Reactions: Seaside

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Here is what my tech said...

I’ve had no issues with the handle.

I have noticed it does overspray some but most stair tool I have used do overspray some.
I did notice it can scratch paint if your not careful. I figured there was a technique because it only does it on one side and not every step or job.

Reactions: Fedri and Seaside

Seaside

Nov 4, 2011
CA
Real Name
Brian Benson
Business Location
United States
The overspray seems like that would be handled in R&D and the paint scratching should never happen if the screws were inset there be nothing to catch the paint. Minor issues but somewhat frustrating especially if you're interesting a tech on a tool. Thanks for all your info Rob

Reactions: Fedri

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
The problem is these manufacturers doesn't test them on the field enough, I am not sorry to say it, I got no respect to them, taking my hard earned money.
Right! It's because they don't send me a free one so I can REALLY test it out. I'd solve all of their issues. I just know it! Now it might take me a couple of years to get back to them, but it would be the price of my feedback. :D

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Here is what my tech said...

I’ve had no issues with the handle.

I have noticed it does overspray some but most stair tool I have used do overspray some.
I did notice it can scratch paint if your not careful. I figured there was a technique because it only does it on one side and not every step or job.
These open-ended wands shouldn't overspray at all. If it's got the right jet on it that's adjusted properly it should go about to the edge of the vacuum slot so it will clean edges well. If it went further I'd be changing jets pronto or try to adjust the jets somehow further down. The scraping issue just shouldn't happen, period. I also have always preferred 2 jets over one for a stair tool. Even my old Prochem had 2 jets and it was about an 8 inch vacuum slot. That tool did a fantastic job, but it was murder on my back. It really worked well though and is a very high quality tool.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Why these manufacturers can't do things properly?

these manufacturers doesn't test them on the field enough, I am not sorry to say it, I got no respect to them,

Ladies and gennemums, we have a volunteer.

Go ahead, Fedri - build stuff for the carpet cleaning industry, R&D it, get a control group to test it out in a few hundred scenarios, then market it, sell it, and sit back and wait for nothing but positive feedback.

:ROFLMAO: