New site Format

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I have 20/20 vision and normally use a 24" monitor for viewing TMF most of the time. I can still easily read it at 100%, but it is MUCH smaller. It fills the screen a lot better for me at 150% using Chrome. 100% looks substantially smaller trust me. I mean tiny! 125% is acceptable, but 100% isn't to me.

Same here, Randy

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I like the look of the new format but I was trying to find this thread and it took me several minutes. I dont know how to find the list of all threads whether they have new posts since I last was on or not plus it seems like all I can view are unread posts. There was posts in this thread since I last read the thread but it didn't show on the "latest post" or "whats new".
I still dont know how I ended up finding it. I just want to be able to grab my phone and get to TMF and see a list of threads without clicking here and there to get see the threads.

Reactions: KMS5280

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Just remember that you can only “ jam down “ the content so much before it becomes a PIA to try to see and use it .
What’s next ......... half this size so you can put MORE ADVERTISING on the page ?? Pfft , not a fan . Yeah , I know , it’s all about the money . Lol .
All the Best , Ed

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Just remember that you can only “ jam down “ the content so much before it becomes a PIA to try to see and use it .
What’s next ......... half this size so you can put MORE ADVERTISING on the page ?? Pfft , not a fan . Yeah , I know , it’s all about the money . Lol .
All the Best , Ed
Yes the review before everything needs to go bye bye or at least so far down I have to scroll down to see it instead of scrolling down past it to see what I want to see.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
All the Best , Ed

Bills don’t pay themselves my friend.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I like the look of the new format but I was trying to find this thread and it took me several minutes. I dont know how to find the list of all threads whether they have new posts since I last was on or not plus it seems like all I can view are unread posts. There was posts in this thread since I last read the thread but it didn't show on the "latest post" or "whats new".
I still dont know how I ended up finding it. I just want to be able to grab my phone and get to TMF and see a list of threads without clicking here and there to get see the threads.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Bills don’t pay themselves my friend.
Very true . Actually trying to be sympathetic with the “ Lol “ .
Fully understand that you have to “monetize “ the forum and get as many “ eyes “ on your advertising as possible along with your products . That said , there’s a “ point “ when it becomes “ to much “ . Like 1st . Choice said . You’ve done much more to bring a great place for people like me to learn and enjoy the experience of others than any other forum I’ve been on .
Just trying to say sometimes “ less is MORE “ . Not trying to be a “ downer “ and I understand the business aspect of what you’re doing . Thanks again Rob !!
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: admin and rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Sick of the adds everywhere. We know what is sold and we like it and buy it if we need it. I actually stop buying things when ads are crammed in my face all day.
You can use the TMF its virtually ad free.

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
I'm not a big one for change. I like the old site better.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I like the look of the format but even after a couple days I am still struggling with navigating to find threads.
I have not been on my laptop since the update be on my phone there does appear to be a ton of ads, I'll see how it looks on my laptop later in the afternoon.