New Rotovac CFX ZX can run 200' of vacuum hose?!?! Thoughts?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New Rotovac CFX ZX can run 200' of vacuum hose?!?! Thoughts??

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’m such a bum still didn’t rent a car, get a hotel or have a plan.... lol
I may have to call you to pick us up walking down the interstate. Lol

Reactions: Ymetimme

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I’ve not needed filtering. My hog has two APO filters and haven’t had a single issue yet. But did buy the piglets for any nasty jobs I’ll just use them at the starter hose. Many of my jobs compared to many of you guys aren’t all that dirty. I get a few but not the majority.
Hmm interesting, doesn't that metal ring mesh filter gets clogged middle of the job? That's what you need to be careful.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Hmm interesting, doesn't that metal ring mesh filter gets clogged middle of the job? That's what you need to be careful.
My metal filter o-ring has got clogged yet.
But on nasty jobs I always run my lint hog just to save me a headache
I also wash it out my filters every couple of jobs

Reactions: Fedri

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I haven’t had a single APO clog. That outside filter is very effective. It’s so nice having a reliable APO!

Reactions: Ymetimme and Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Nice work
It was tiring, probably I didn't take a day off for couple of weeks now and I also go to the gym, just feel extremely tired. I am resting now. My son is not like your son, I do 80% of the work and he would only assist. I want him to get in to this business but it's not happening, I told him to get a job and I don't want to pay him $20 an hour doing nothing. Frustrating

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
It was tiring, probably I didn't take a day off for couple of weeks now and I also go to the gym, just feel extremely tired. I am resting now. My son is not like your son, I do 80% of the work and he would only assist. I want him to get in to this business but it's not happening, I told him to get a job and I don't want to pay him $20 an hour doing nothing. Frustrating
Running a father-son business can be frustrating.
I'm real ambitious about picking up work and my son is a very hard worker sometimes he works too hard. He already wants me to get him his own truck so that he can get things done faster because the old man can't keep up but my younger son Thomas has no interest at all so I can sympathize

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Running a father-son business can be frustrating.
I'm real ambitious about picking up work and my son is a very hard worker sometimes he works too hard. He already wants me to get him his own truck so that he can get things done faster because the old man can't keep up but my younger son Thomas has no interest at all so I can sympathize
Mine has interest but he is not a hard worker. It's been almost 2 years he is with me and I keep telling him to get his license and get his own van, he is 20 in few days, he can't even get one job done by himself because he is tired.

Reactions: Prestigecarpetclean

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Mine has interest but he is not a hard worker. It's been almost 2 years he is with me and I keep telling him to get his license and get his own van, he is 20 in few days, he can't even get one job done by himself because he is tired.
I think open-mindedly
Is he good salesman. put them to work selling for the business and you train someone else to clean carpet. That's what I'm doing with my youngest son. Father-son teams can be really hard.

Prestigecarpetclean

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
Younger generation dont wanna work hard. Than again not everyone can do carpet cleaning, people think carpet cleaning is easy but doing it correctly is time consuming and hard work. Ive even had helpers my age (30s) who didnt wanna work cleaning carpets because its too much for them

Reactions: Ymetimme and Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Younger generation dont wanna work hard. Than again not everyone can do carpet cleaning, people think carpet cleaning is easy but doing it correctly is time consuming and hard work. Ive even had helpers my age (30s) who didnt wanna work cleaning carpets because its too much for them
It's my fault too, I didn't let him work till now, and he is way behind. My parents asked me to work at age of 12 baking at a bakery from 6am till noon every morning summer days and Saturday and Sundays on school year. By age of 16 I was cleaning carpets like a champ, by age of 18 I was going to work by myself. Not to mention stripping and waxing superarkets for 20 hours straight. This is the reason I wanted to change things around with my son but now I wish I can go back and make him work as early as he can.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
What tools did ya use? What type of pre treatment?
How did ya get the deep soils and do you think you will have any wicking?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
What tools did ya use? What type of pre treatment?
How did ya get the deep soils and do you think you will have any wicking?
The last time I had a wicking complaint was 2 years ago on Berber, I do average one every 2 years. As long as a cleaner doesn't miss his dry passes they will never have any wicking issues, Berber needs to deal a little differently. We vacuumed alot, I used my mytee LX, mytee 5 jetted wand, tmf pre sprays. I changed 4 piglet socks even we pre vacuumed.

jsmithjr

Dec 3, 2015
Real Name
jerry smith
Who cares how much vac hose you can use when you can only use 15-25ft. Of solution line. Or am I missing something?