New Rotovac CFX ZX can run 200' of vacuum hose?!?! Thoughts?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New Rotovac CFX ZX can run 200' of vacuum hose?!?! Thoughts??

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I've done some mods on my older generation dual vac Air hog. I almost pulled the trigger on the new one but I would need a generator and a hose reel as well. My van isn't big enough for that. I carry more tools and chems than some setups in vans like mine. I still wanted to get better performance at 75-100 feet. With two of the high amp 3 stage vac motors my machine parallel version has 230 cfm and 144 inches of lift. (According to the claims of the manufacturer)

I didn't trust the claims about the new LX motors, so I waited. So far so good, I bought one to test in the real world not on a bench. I was even open to doing a series configuration. Maybe even a trailing booster. There was no down side that I could see by swapping one of my 5.7s for an LX motor. I get the same lift 144 but I get some CFM gain.

My number one concern was, would I be able to run my water otter at 650 psi for tile with an LX vac motor on one 15 amp circuit? I can clean residential tile just fine with two 15 amp circuits. I use 20's when they are convenience. I've found that machines that don't pop breakers, and melt wires to be much faster day in and day out.

Reactions: Jimsteam

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
Lots of space to work in but I struggled to find a way for two LX's to fit without concerns with keeping my wires away from potential heat issues. The first is the old setup, and how I settled on a parrell set up again. With one LX motor and a 5.7 3 stage. The only drawback is the LX motors are loud, way louder than my old setup. second pic .This seemed to make the most sense for me at this time. 3rd pic is a series setup but I couldn't make it work. The bottom pic is what I'm doing for now. Except for the noise it's thumbs up with the LX motors. I run 100 feet with confidence now. I tried running my otter one the same cord as my LX , it popped a 15 amp at 550 psi or so.

Attachments

Reactions: Jimsteam

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Lots of space to work in but I struggled to find a way for two LX's to fit without concerns with keeping my wires away from potential heat issues. The first is the old setup, and how I settled on a parrell set up again. With one LX motor and a 5.7 3 stage. The only drawback is the LX motors are loud, way louder than my old setup. second pic .This seemed to make the most sense for me at this time. 3rd pic is a series setup but I couldn't make it work. The bottom pic is what I'm doing for now. Except for the noise it's thumbs up with the LX motors. I run 100 feet with confidence now. I tried running my otter one the same cord as my LX , it popped a 15 amp at 550 psi or so.
I do enjoy modifying extractors however is just it's time-consuming and I feel it's better for me to focus on testing factory-built equipment for you guys here's my video of my testing results.
please subscribe to see future testing as well as at the one testing videos

Reactions: CCWorks

jsmithjr

Dec 3, 2015
Real Name
jerry smith
This was in re: to the Cfx. From my understanding you hook a hose from your wand directly from the customers faucet and if you want hot water forget about any pressure. I hope I'm missing something.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Nice Steve !
Many with the older generation Hogs can benefit from your upgrading.
Agree the LX motors are a tad louder than 3 stage vacuum motors or a standard 6.6 or 8.4 2 stage. I know you leave the Hog at the front door hence noise shouldn't be an issue.